ShootClay Admin

Small maintenance upgrade today...

ShootClay Admin

Sorry if anyone saw any downtime, I had a security/maintenance upgrade forced on me. 

525kev

Sounds ominious :(

ShootClay Admin

Everything seems to be working alright - we have a leaderboard tab added which shows top posters & content. New feature from the software makers. 

If anyone notices anything untoward, please let me know. 

Worcs
1 hour ago, ShootClay Admin said:

Everything seems to be working alright - we have a leaderboard tab added which shows top posters & content. New feature from the software makers. 

If anyone notices anything untoward, please let me know. 

On the new leaderboard; ips, 13,237 content count! You should write a novel!

ips

?

a few years ago we had very long and busy threads that soon bumped up your average ?

Worcs
41 minutes ago, ips said:

?

a few years ago we had very long and busy threads that soon bumped up your average ?

What do you think has changed since the busy threads of a few years ago? I'm new to shooting and was surprised how small the community is online. So far as I know, there's only here and PW that are active, and only shootclay that is dedicated to clays.

ShootClay Admin

Mainly - Facebook... but all online communities go through cycles of busy and not busy. 

This site is quieter than it used to be in terms of new posts, but in some ways more useful... there is slightly less 'noise' than there used to be. 

Strangely - traffic continues to grow each week - so we have a lot of people who are logging in but not posting. 

Simonix

I tend to log in several times a day. 

However, I don't post that often though as I am one of these people that if i don't have anything very good to say, I won't say anything. 

• Like 2

Hamster

Matt,

For weeks now regardless of which computer (work or home) I use to browse ShootClay it takes several seconds for each page to load !! Any idea as to why ? since it doesn't happen with any other sites. 

• Like 1

ips
1 hour ago, Worcestershire said:

What do you think has changed since the busy threads of a few years ago? I'm new to shooting and was surprised how small the community is online. So far as I know, there's only here and PW that are active, and only shootclay that is dedicated to clays.

what matt says really, many members for whatever reason don't post as much as they did also we have lost a few "busy" members fi various reasons. Plus maybe most topics have been covered and are searchable

ShootClay Admin
4 hours ago, Hamster said:

Matt,

For weeks now regardless of which computer (work or home) I use to browse ShootClay it takes several seconds for each page to load !! Any idea as to why ? since it doesn't happen with any other sites. 

Hmm - how queer! I've not seen any lag.  Have you tried clearing cache and cookies?  (instructions for most browsers here)

You'll need to sign in again if you do that. 

Failing that - let me know, and I'll do some poking around on the support pages. 

Hamster
1 hour ago, ShootClay Admin said:

Hmm - how queer! I've not seen any lag.  Have you tried clearing cache and cookies?  (instructions for most browsers here)

You'll need to sign in again if you do that. 

Failing that - let me know, and I'll do some poking around on the support pages. 

I've tried that on more than one occasion but as mentioned it's a newish problem on more than one location ! 

Will Hewland

Hitting unread content button is a 5-7 second load

ShootClay Admin

OK - will research - but I get sub-second loading of the unread content page. Literally, a flash - and my IP location is currently Texas, with the server sitting in the UK. 

So - what browser/devices are you both using?   

Will Hewland

That's an iPad with Dolphin.

Now on Safari. Same, 8 seconds..

525kev

Unread content tab sub 2 seconds for me.

FF browser Win 7 no problem :)

Edited by 525blackgold

Hamster
55 minutes ago, ShootClay Admin said:

OK - will research - but I get sub-second loading of the unread content page. Literally, a flash - and my IP location is currently Texas, with the server sitting in the UK. 

So - what browser/devices are you both using?   

Chrome.

Lord v

I'm using chrome on my phone and tablet at home and IE at work and the site has been fine.

Worcs
9 hours ago, Simonix said:

I tend to log in several times a day. 

However, I don't post that often though as I am one of these people that if i don't have anything very good to say, I won't say anything. 

So much better than the opposite! 

• Like 1

ShootClay Admin

@Hamster / @Will Hewland - have run a database cleanup process (per the support guys) and found a few small errors - can you test now and see if the problem persists? 

Matt

Will Hewland

Sorry Matt, still nearly 10 seconds just now..

Hamster
3 hours ago, ShootClay Admin said:

@Hamster / @Will Hewland - have run a database cleanup process (per the support guys) and found a few small errors - can you test now and see if the problem persists? 

Matt

Not really changed I don't think. :mellow:

Worcs
7 hours ago, ShootClay Admin said:

Matt

Sorry if this confuses things more than it helps but I have no problems with loading times from multiple locations, including my phone. My home internet is very slow, about 4mb and it loads everything on shootclay <2 seconds

Simonix

I also have to say, that on my phone, tablet, and laptop, no problems. 

Using chrome and safari. 

hoplite

Running Windows 10, everything loads up in around 2 seconds for me...