Bye Bye Double Trap ???

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutley

Looks like next year is going to be the end of DT, as the commitee looking at Tokyo had to make the games 50% men and 50% women's events, so they are 99% crtain they are dropping DT in favour of a mixed team event in trap..

Next year will probably run as is, at the moment.

never saw the point of it anyway. Old mans double rise ?

yep its two dtl traps but locked off. ?

Ah, that's why I have never seen it in this part of the world. Mind you I did meet the Merseyside Champion only 2 weeks ago. He is quite concerned that someone else will turn up next year  !      :angel:

Ah, that's why I have never seen it in this part of the world. Mind you I did meet the Merseyside Champion only 2 weeks ago. He is quite concerned that someone else will turn up next year  !      :angel:
pmsl ?

I am sure the dozen or so people who shoot it will be disappointed but it may spur them on to shoot OT instead

your right DT I stand corrected and if all three threw a target it would make semi auto ownership justifiable ?

Shot it in 'Wonko's Country' or should I say the US version of DT, I used a Beretta 303 Trap gun with a Monte Carlo stock.   I have never seen another one since !

Last edited by a moderator:
Fort Benning's enlisted men will turn their attention back to OT and that's not great news for the rest of the medal hopefuls throughout Europe.

your right DT I stand corrected and if all three threw a target it would make semi auto ownership justifiable ?
Ips there are at least two comps I know held each year where you have to use a semi and are allowed three shots ?

Looks like next year is going to be the end of DT, as the commitee looking at Tokyo had to make the games 50% men and 50% women's events, so they are 99% crtain they are dropping DT in favour of a mixed team event in trap..

Next year will probably run as is, at the moment.

At the Sydney Olympics Richard Faulds won gold in the double trap and Ian Peel won silver in the OT trap, my personal view is the silver in the OT was a bigger achievement due to the lack of people that shoot double trap.

The Olympic double trap has a really interesting history.  I've been sorta surprised that it has lasted as long as it has since the women were booted out of it because too many of them shot better scores than too many men.  Thanks, IOC for that object lesson in misogyny - one in a series anyway.

The US version that the ATA shoots is nothing the same other than there are two targets.  I have no idea what the DTL double rise may be like but I presume that it ATA-ish.

charlie

it will be much the same I would think.

I am beginning to think that there are way to many disciplines many of which are not well attended DT being prime example and UT another. Now we even have fedecat a thing no one has heard of and appears to be UT in disguise.

The Olympic double trap has a really interesting history.  I've been sorta surprised that it has lasted as long as it has since the women were booted out of it because too many of them shot better scores than too many men.  Thanks, IOC for that object lesson in misogyny - one in a series anyway.

(...)

Quality posting .... ;D

charlie

it will be much the same I would think.

I am beginning to think that there are way to many disciplines many of which are not well attended DT being prime example and UT another. Now we even have fedecat a thing no one has heard of and appears to be UT in disguise.
FEDECAT is very popular,

at least 9 out 10 cats prefer it! :) 

Latest posts

Back