South Wales 2000 SG - 13th Nov

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stew

Another venture into Wales again today to meet up with Gareth Jones (aka Shortlegs). This time we met up at SW2000 for the 100 bird registered shoot.

The drive down from the Cotswolds into Wales was stunning today. Great views driving up to the ground from the south and clear views from the top of the 'Mountain', as the locals call it.          First time at this venue for me and not disappointed with the whole set up. Great clubhouse with loads of seating, friendly staff and value for money catering. This was a well attended shoot with the car park full when we left just after one o'clock.. Martin Myers had just arrived from Gunsite as we were leaving, with a good attendance from the Gloucester boys again. People happy to travel for the variance in targets. Clynt, Charlie B, Pep, Clarkey to name a few.

The targets needed some thought, although I did not make it easy for myself today, giving the trap gun a run out and missing 5 out of 10 on the first stand! A good mixture of targets on offer for all standards of shooter, with a squaded set up that ran well today. Very well respected 2 minutes silence at 11am, well done to all.

Still back home by 2.45 today, but worth the journey. Thanks to all the lads on my squad today for the laughs and welcome. I shall be back without doubt. If your in the area, give it a go. If it's winter a big coat will be needed. £35 for comp today, who can moan at that? Stew

Oh now Stewie don't be coy do tell how you all got on, thought you'd miss me?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a nice ground out there and one I will make a return trip to. Maybe I can join some of the fellow Glous types at some point ?

Great of you to venture over the border again Stew and enjoyed your company as always, Thanks for travelling over.

Not been up the mountain for awhile and enjoyed the course, as you have said some good targets to test all abilities and needed some thought with the last two stands really hurting  my card dropping 12 targets over the two stands couldn't get to grips with the report bird of the sort of edge on looping incomer on stand 9 and the simo pair of orange going away curling below the bank stand 10 which foiled me having a 7 at the front but happy to have shot some stands well and getting all the rabbits on stand two with the battue on report 7/10 as the bunnies have been causing me problems, you were consistent Stew and still getting an 8 at the front using your second gun.

Many thanks to the friendly squad making us welcome and enjoyed the fluffy rabbits and laughs all in all a good morning out with £35 for comp good value and good to see so many usual suspects and those from your side of the bridge giving the ground support.

Oh now Stewie don't be coy do tell how you all got on, thought you'd miss me? we'll get you an invite over Rich and stamp your passport for next time  :thumbsup:

£35 plus whatever it costs to get in to Wales ?
he sneaked in down the old A48 to chepstow so beat the cost of getting in but we stamped his passport friendly/ frequent visitor  :laugh:

not that old chestnut. ;)

only kidding Gareth me old mate.

ps

when you oop north again. ?

not that old chestnut. ;)

only kidding Gareth me old mate.

ps

when you oop north again. ?
I have a witness            ips     :laugh:  

I'm oop north this weekend for a flying visit up Friday back Sunday due to work commitments on Monday but   I will be up for longer over the feastive season I'll let you know perhaps an outing  to blow the cobwebs away after indulging to much when I'm up ?    :thumbsup:

that be great Gareth trip to max's maybe.

Yes I don't mind where enjoyed coniston but willing to try where ever is easiest      I'll pm you for a catch up  :thumbsup:

you will need your jabs because if we go to max's you will meet balltrap and after years of frequenting the infamous Leyland tiger god only knows what he has ;)

you will need your jabs because if we go to max's you will meet balltrap and after years of frequenting the infamous Leyland tiger god only knows what he has ;)

Plenty of slappers  :lol: ..................... thank god the wife is not on here  :lol:

Having said that i could be eligible for a  President of the USA :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
yes mate I remember them well, I too used to visit ?

Back