Turkish Shotguns (Kral Arms)?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enbern

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and also to this sport and was hoping for some help!

I started shooting a few months ago and I'm now looking to buy a gun. I went into my local shop and they showed me a shotgun from a Turkish brand called Kral Arms.

The shotgun is £550 new - link here to the store's page - it feels really nice in the hands, decent weight and looks lovely.

Problem I'm having is trying to find anything online about it - there's absolutely nothing.

For the £500 is this a good deal? What are Turkish guns meant to be like? As you can see in the picture as well the wood isn't finished, it doesn't look too hard to do myself but am I jumping in the deep end?

I would state I'm not opposed at all whatsoever to buying a used gun for £500 - but that is my max budget for my first gun.

If it's any help here is a link to the actual gun maker's website.

Thanks for reading my barrage of questions and I look forward to hopefully being a valued member of the community!

Kind regards,

Ben

Hi Ben

im no expert but this is very short in the stock and 28 barrels arent for everyone, unless you are youngster?

you wont have much choice for 500 as second hand big brands for that money will be shot out I would think

it seems pretty good value for money for a new gun, you could look at a lightly used bettinsoli for example but they aren't perfect. 

Buy an old Miroku or lanber or laurona, parker hale or whatever you find, as the finish and build quality from the pics, make it look expensive at that price....

Sorry if its what you had decided on, but  it would be a friend for life, as the trade wouldnt take it in on a swap.....

I'd have a Turkish bath any day, love their salon shaves especially when they singe the hairs off your ears, they also do a fair old copy of kabobs, same with Gelims (yes it really is Gelim and not Kilim - the real deal hails from Iran in both cases). In short they do good food if you're into that sort of thing but buying one of their guns for £500 new would be like buying an English rug in Istanbul. Just wrong.

Buy second hand.  

As said, try to avoid NEW Turkish if possible. If it HAS to be cheap, there are better secondhand guns out there. Better looking for an older, but, more popular make. At least you would get most of your money back if you decided to get rid.

As said, try to avoid NEW Turkish if possible. If it HAS to be cheap, there are better secondhand guns out there. Better looking for an older, but, more popular make. At least you would get most of your money back if you decided to get rid.

Yes your right Wes A Beretta would be a step up from a Kral.

Hi,

this is my first post so and I feel like I'm poking my nose in a bit but I thought I'd throw my thoughts out there!

i personally would steer clear of the Turkish gun as the re-sale price of that gun would probably  be £50-£100 at a gun shop! i would advise going for a well know second hand gun or saving you cash up for a while. If you feel ya can't there are plenty of gun shops that offer finance. 

Perfect that's all I needed to hear, cheers everyone! 

They've got plenty of second hand baikals and lanbers there aswell so I'll look at those instead! 

Hi welcome to the addictive sport. 

As above, stay away from the cheap Turkish guns if at all possible. Owning a nice gun is a thing of beauty so find a nice second hand one, you don't have to spend a shed load of money. Don't know where you are based but Purbeck Shooting School have a decent Silma £395 a couple of Lambers £450 and £495 and a Miroku ORE £495. Avalon Guns at Street have a very nice Laurona Silhouete 30" £495. There's plenty out there, have fun.

plus one!

Back