British Shooting Talent Pathway

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehb102

I have just received an email.offering me a place on the British Shooting Talent Pathway to shoot OT. I am very chuffed. I am not sure what will happen next but isn't it nice to be asked? 

Next you'll be asked to send them a £600 cheque to cover the cost  :unsure:

well done on being selected :)

DT

Well done,to be honest i dont think £600 is that bad when you know what some average sporting shots are paying coaches.

Well done! The cost is nothing the talent is everything. If it was just a matter of sending out invites to get £600 back as a contribution then there would be many hundreds on the program... in fact if someone asked me to pay £600 to be on the program I would bite their hand off for the chance... unfortunately I started far too late in my life and I don't know that I am good enough anyway but I would love to try it out... if only I had some sort of time machine :)  

I started shooting as a vet and am hoping when I get to super vet I will have gained the experience and knowledge to get on well in that class ... UT  European and World championships next year  will be a great experience for me ... you don't need to be good to enter just pay your money and have the bottle and enthusiasm to compete   :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
You warned us all :) 

They don't have to ask everyone, in fact I know someone who there wasn't a place for...
I get the impression that my post may have been taken the wrong way?

You said you didn't know what would happen next so I told you.

My congratulations on being selected for the TP was genuine.

DT

I say GO FOR IT!!  You will not regret the time/$

Many years ago my wife was invited to the Olympic Training Center in Colorado.  I suppose the cost was about the same but it was a training in residence for two weeks with the Olympic team coaches, meals, lodging, etc.  She had a fantastic time and went again the next year and was offered a spot on the alternate team but regrettably the financial reserves just weren't up to the traveling expenses, massive ammo costs, etc.  BUT - the experience was not one to miss.

Totally hypothetical situation BUT if a newcomer of shall we say "advanced years" came along and started upsetting the apple cart by whacking out straights and 24's in OT comps in the UK do you think they would be recognised as a talent and put on the program? In other words is this talent pathway about the young up and coming shooters or could it be any newcomer who just happens to have that spark?

middle age bloke would have no chance however good he was. Imo.

no idea how old ehb is and I have no idea about the female side of it.

I'm 40 as it happens. I look much older though :)

Katherine Bright (DTL champion) is on the pathway, but at a higher level than me. Quite right too. I know this because Kath was at the same search day I was on. Plus conversation after of course.

This of course in no way has any bearing on the Olympic selection procedure. That is still done by commute behind closed doors.

I am sure you look as wonderful as you did when you were 21. :)

good for you I say, once in a lifetime opportunity that very few of us have the honour to be invited.

I look forward to regular reports on your progress and wish you all the very best

your in sport

It is what I would expect to hear Ian... but totally wrong IMO. If you have talent no matter what age it should be nurtured. If for example, highly unlikely I know, a newcomer entered the selection process and blew the usual suspect to the weeds I would expect that individual to be selected however new he was to the game... the same should apply to the talent process age should not be a barrier to anybody in shooting... it is certainly not a barrier to entering competition at the highest level.

During the briefing they were very clear that age was no barrier to inclusion in the talent pathway.

that's what they say ?
My goodness.  So cynical!  Isn't what they say like everything on the tele and in the newspapers?  You know, it's against the law for them to lie and so they never do?

:nono:

It is what I would expect to hear Ian... but totally wrong IMO. If you have talent no matter what age it should be nurtured. If for example, highly unlikely I know, a newcomer entered the selection process and blew the usual suspect to the weeds I would expect that individual to be selected however new he was to the game... the same should apply to the talent process age should not be a barrier to anybody in shooting... it is certainly not a barrier to entering competition at the highest level.
If Truth and Justice were actually in play I would be appointed King Of The World so that all wrongs were righted and peace prevail.

just say'n

Latest posts

Back