Miroku Mk38 - Can they be cast

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Gaz

I'm a new shooter and taking lessons in readiness for my ticket to arrive. I been shooting various guns including a Miroku and it feels right for me as a first gun. I shoot off my left shoulder and the gun I have been using is for a right shoulder, the sight picture off center to the right and a little high, which is to be accepted given it's cast for center or right handers.

I popped into to a large gun shop today to look at the Miruko's they had new and old, and ask questions about having one fitted for a left shoulder shooter.

I was advised that the Miroku can't be cast as the stock has a metal tube inside and if I wanted a left handed gun it would need to be a special order and would take many months to arrive if it ever does.

I left rather confused and a tad disappointed.

Can a Miroku be cast or not?

Am i just being too picky wanting my first gun to be fitted and right for me out the box.

I have sometime to wait for my ticket to arrive and therefore have sometime to continue to fine tune my choices.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Regards

Garry

you need a left hand gun Imo end of.

people will post shortly to tell you they have shot rh guns off left shoulder for years and to good effect. This Imo is despite of not because of so do not hinder yourself get a left handed gun. Search on uk gunroom etc and filter lh there will be hundreds to choose from.

good luck ?

I have seen an adjustable combed right handed gun, set to accommodate a left handed shooter,  with a fair degree of success. Perhaps something to try before you buy ?  Another course of action would be to find a fairly straight stocked gun, I have also seen this work for left handers.

Last edited by a moderator:
In principle it can be done, You may even find someone to cast it. However for the cost of having it done  and the risk of the stock cracking/breaking it's probably not worth the hassle. 

An adjustable will allow the comb to be moved over to align the eye over the rib I don't think there'sca palm swell to worry about but  the Toe angle will still be wrong. 

It may actually be cost effective to buy a left hand stock and sell the original on fleabay or one of the trader sites.   

Just try to find a left version.

Of course you can try to get as close as possible, but most of the left handed shooters I know that started with a right hand one, ended up buying a left hand one.

You might also try to find a left hand stock if you can get a good deal on a right hand gun.

A few years ago I sold a left hand stock for a nice price, as I went the other route and got a good deal on a right hand stock.

Just think8ng about this.. Asecond hand miroku mk38 ,70or 60 is going to set you back £1k.. you could prob get a new one for 350 to 450 more in the spec ypu order. 

Just think8ng about this.. Asecond hand miroku mk38 ,70or 60 is going to set you back £1k.. you could prob get a new one for 350 to 450 more in the spec ypu order. 
BUT, he may be too old to use it,  by the time it finally arrived !

pm mutley he may have a stock or be able to advise

I think the metal tube is only in MK38 grade 3 and 5 stocks, the grade 1 doesn't have it.

A stocker like Malcolm Jenkins will remove the tube, bend the stock, make adjustments necessary and refit the tube.

ive had two mirokus cast adjusted ,  don't bother buy a true left hooker  so much better long term  ,  many guns to choose from too , don't rush buying  try as many as possible .

I think the metal tube is only in MK38 grade 3 and 5 stocks, the grade 1 doesn't have it.

A stocker like Malcolm Jenkins will remove the tube, bend the stock, make adjustments necessary and refit the tube.
That's good to hear it can be done, as out of the guns I have shot to date the MK38 feels the most natural. The thought of waiting months and months for a left hander from Miroku if not longer and after a long wait for my ticket to arrive would have been extremely frustrating.

Can do you a LH stock to your spec, not a problem
Thanks Andy...

I'll keep you in mind when my ticket arrives

ive had two mirokus cast adjusted ,  don't bother buy a true left hooker  so much better long term  ,  many guns to choose from too , don't rush buying  try as many as possible .
I'll definitely keep looking as its going to be sometime for my ticket to arrive in this area.

Thanks Paul, I would buy a new lefty if the delivery was going to be prompt, but I have been advised it would take many months to arrive if not longer.

It would be a better option to get the gun cast and fitted in the UK from a stock gun, now that a few posters here have said it can be done.

it can be done BUT you won't be able to do anything with the offset of toe and heel. Personally I would get a "propper" lh gun on order now, if that's definitely your preferred gun.

++1  Take your time and get what you need!  Buying a gun and then getting it "fixed" is the absolute worst habit you can acquire!

been there, done that and I'm shamed to admit how slow a learner I was

I have recently read an article in clay shooter by Tim green wood, he mentioned casting a miroku and removing the metal tube. It may be worth giving him a call.

Latest posts

Back