Fitasc Dutch Championship 25th September

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlenPresley

I have heard on the grape vine it is the Dutch Championship this weekend and if all goes to plan I will be going to this one and having a go!Hopefully get some more details tonight if I can get booked in.Will keep you all updated! Glen.

Hope you get there with a better gun this time. Is it at Bidenhausen again?Did you get anywhere with that contact for moving your guns out there?I am so sick that I cannot join you when you are back but not around /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif

Glen, will send you the mail I received about the 3 page FITASC document of changes…… that I have been translating all afternoon from French. You should see the changes that have been approved. Shiztenhausen/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-surprised.gifFookenzutaloors……….. I thought that GBR UT were having a bumpy ride at the minute (after the meeting on Sunday after shooting the selection shoot) from the very stupid changes on the BICTSF relating to the ring fencing of the money being taken away (which in fact is shooters money held in an implied trust for the specific discipline that it was raised for)………several things mooted, a boycott of selection shoots, a vote of no confidence……Bus loads being arranged for the BICTSF AGM……..etc etc etcSo predictable after they wittled us down leaving the other good ones vulnerable. Now today this international one is even more bumpy…….I have been feeling the bumps all day from the various calls / emails from shooters in different countries. I will try to give you chapter and verse in a voicecall if I get chance tomorrow so stand by your bed /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif in the afternoon (after lunch at the Yew Tree now that that over grown plonker Marco Pierre White has fookenzeedoffen and the place has gone back to being a good country pub). If not then after Madrid which will be 'very very enlightening'. Stick it to em if you get to the DC …..show em what a blood blooded GBR and Bucks Champ can do/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Last edited:
good luck mate -- maybe you can get up that leader board even more than last time. Nigel

Another excellent shoot was a great weekend after grabbing a gun on Saturday a Beretta 30inch Silver which was kindly lent to me by a good friend Robin Visch and shooting a 150 practise targets it was off the the 100 target Fitasc Dutch Championships! Scores attached some great shooting by Frank and Mark and also Patrik!http://www.kleiduivensport.nl/.....uwe-pekelaI will post some more shortly only just got back and already need my bed!!! Glen

Didn't do too bad Nige with a borrowed Gun again! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gifFew of us tied on 87 so think tied for 7th overall so I am well chuffed with that! Can't wait to get my gun over here though! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Hi Glen that's pretty impressive shooting mate Especially shooting with a Beretta when you normally shoot a Mirook as we all know they handle totally differently but then like they say a good shot can shoot with any gun,look at the way Ed shoot in the semi auto shoot a few months back but your 87 is something to be proud of mate /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif you didn't happen to meet your old sparing partener did you like last time  ?  Nige

So quick update on this one for everyone! Saturday morning started a nice steady drive to Weert to meet two shooting friends Robin Visch and Martijn Vish in Holland at De Wildenburg shooting ground. We were going to have a little warm up before the Dutch Championship on the Sunday. Robin had kindly brought along a beretta 30inch Silver pigeon for me to shoot over the course of the weekend which was a very nice looking gun but very different to my Browning 32inch 425 with trap forend and longer stock! Anyway I didn't shoot it too bad and we had a great morning shooting about 150 targets each! Weert really is a class act for a little ground, I believe they have something like 180 automatic traps all on claymate type systems and the variations and combinations are great you really can shoot as much as you want. With this club only being an hour max from where I am based this will be an excellent training facility going forward! After Weert we travelled towards the North of Holland for about an hour to collect some cartridges, have a beer and a small bite to eat! This time I took the sensible option and went for 24gram Steel! I am telling you these things kick the crap out of you if you don't! Robin gave me a Gamebore Black Gold Steel 28 gram and that kicked like 36 gram if not more. I am still impressed with the Steel though, I don't care what people have said I have now shot a fair few and different brands and the issue for me if any is recoil. Killing wise on clays no issues. Saturday evening was a real treat I went off with Robin and his Father to listen out for the Red Dear rutting this was ubelievable to hear and have a glimpse of this beautiful massive animal! I was lucky enough to see one up close that was hanging in the Game larder because it had been unfortunately hit by a car the day before! Was something I will remember! Sunday was an early start up at 7am and off and on the road to the shoot by 8am.The weather was perfect 22 degrees hardly any wind just great to be out shooting!The landscape at the ground was flat with a lot of canals and dykes nearby I was surprised again at the variations of targets this small ground managed to put on with such flat land. They had built up alot of banks and hills themselves and also grown some mall fir plantations around to make a better shooting environment just goes to show what is possible when you put the effort in!They do like to throw a lot of quartering targets in Holland also some longish incomers as well. Overall they had a good mixture of targets and a nice tower! They tend to throw a lot of fast going away targets which catch a lot of people out because they take two bad shots instead of the one good one! I was pleased with my shooting though with the Beretta, 24 first layout was a shock, then a poor 19 followed by hard earnt 21 and a nice 23 on a pretty tough layout to finish so very happy indeed! Tied with a few other shooters for 7th on 87 was not bad at least I went home happy! Once again everyone was very welcoming and nice and saw a few friendly faces from Dorhout Mees!96 to win the shoot was a top score ok maybe you could say they didn't throw the longer targets they do in England but believe me when I finished I thought 93 or 94 would win it so 96 for me was exceptional shooting! Well done to Frank and also Mark who was closely behind on 94. Looking forward now to next year and hopefully getting my shot gun over so I can do some of these great shoots over the course of 2012! Glen.

Latest posts

Back