New ISSF Finals procedure ??

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

I have heard that the ISSF is changing the finals procedure for 2017 to 2020 but can't find any details.

I believe it still includes the top 6 qualifiers starting on zero but now involves a straight 6 man (single barrel) shoot off with the lowest scorer at certain stages being eliminated. Any equal low scores at the cut stage are decided on the qualification score for each shooter (either count back or count forward). If the cut-off is say every 10 targets then the shoot-off will go on for 50 targets !!

Does anyone have a link to the actual procedure as I've tried and failed to find it.

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I had just found that myself. Not very definitive though is it but have also found something else which makes it a bit clearer.

The six finalists shoot 25, single barrel targets from pegs 1 to 5.

After 25 targets the shooter with the lowest score is eliminated. Then the next lowest shooter is eliminated at 30 targets, 35 targets and 40 targets, leaving the two remaining finalists to shoot a further 10 targets (50 in total) to decide the gold and silver. In the event of a draw they go into a sudden death shot-off. No idea whether both shooters get to see the target first?

If there is a tie at any stage of the elimination stages then count forward is used. i.e. if one competitor shot a 25 in the first round while the other shot a 24 then the 24 shooter is eliminated. If both shot a 25 then they take the next round score and so on.

What I don't get is how they make sure that all competitors receive the same targets through the finals? Obviously straight forward for the first 25 but what happens after that?

I guess we shall have to wait and see.

DT

Oops posted on wrong thread.....its me age

Sorry, I may be a little old, but why complicate a simple issue? First past the post, then second, then third! In the event of a tie bring in a shoot off! As it is and by all accounts as proposed, the man who is 6th could end up with gold and the top man could end up with sod all. Sorry if I've got it wrong, I spent too much time thinking about ips and his dog, his wellies, his disciplines, his guns and his two second cousins twice removed's ferrets! :baby:

Sorry, I may be a little old, but why complicate a simple issue? First past the post, then second, then third! In the event of a tie bring in a shoot off! As it is and by all accounts as proposed, the man who is 6th could end up with gold and the top man could end up with sod all. Sorry if I've got it wrong, I spent too much time thinking about ips and his dog, his wellies, his disciplines, his guns and his two second cousins twice removed's ferrets! :baby:
I don't have ferrets ?

I don't have ferrets ?
Ah another ips relative! Wot no ferrets Sian? Shame on you!! I've heard that they are this years "must have" items! The ultimate northern fashion statement! :kiss:

How about this as a format for an Olympic final.

The Top 24 Competitors qualify for the finals.. Next they shoot 25 targets of pegs 1 to 5 in squads of 6. This is to be done twice/four times  in a day so each has completed a total of 50/100. They then take a break over night and return to do the same on the next 3/1 day/s. 

As the number of competitors is small they can be ranked after every 25 to the highest scoring shots are put on peg 6 the last squad to shoot with the lowest on peg 1 of  the first. 

It works in golf.  Actually this years Masters was won by a guy who finished before the last group and it was far from Boring watching the proceedings.

If it had been the same as the ISSF he would have been eliminated and not won. what usually happens that 9 shooters all shoot the same score in tie for the 6th place in the current system  get dumped out on a single miss and out target ending their chances of becoming a legend. 

Obviously 4/2 days is quite a long time and so not to excessively add to this time, qualifying can be done by qualifying shoots held in the preceeding year. 

The one who hits the most Fec£in targets wins. 

Job done..

You need to get a life!

I don't have ferrets ?
I can't believe anyone would openly admit to such a relationship.  But then, you're all at least second cousins, eh?    :wink:

And as far as the shoot-off thing goes I'd bet that the primary consideration is, as always, time.  Quick and dirty will always win out over fair and considered.  And I have to wonder where are the national team representatives when these decisions are made.  Do they GAF?  Where are the shooters who will have to contend with the rules??  Are they thinking WTF? and making their opinions known?  If not why not?

inquiring minds, etc

only just caught up with this thread. Sian, Sorry to have dragged you into this by association. Ferretts indeed I will have you know that Sian and I are from nobel blood. :)

only just caught up with this thread. Sian, Sorry to have dragged you into this by association. Ferretts indeed I will have you know that Sian and I are from nobel blood. :)
Ha. We'll wait.. 

Once your game shooting friends have introduced you to a rabbiting day (it will happen) it's inevitable that there will be an IPS Does Ferreting thread. 

As a starter.. My advice is that you need a Ferret and a dog.. 

From what I saw them do on a shoot.  You need a ferret to go down the rabbit hole and a dog to sniff your backside  as you are trying to retrieve the ferret.

From what I saw them do on a shoot.  You need a ferret to go down the rabbit hole and a dog to sniff your backside  as you are trying to retrieve the ferret.
And that's a fun time in the countryside then?  You'll have to forgive my ignorance being a simple colonial and not having been exposed to the high times associated, apparently, with the nobility.

Dont forget that the "hardened ferret handler" does not have a carry cage, they have bike clips and baggy boxers to help cradle said ferrets, whilst they keep your crown jewels warm whilst bagging conies in winter.......

Dont forget that the "hardened ferret handler" does not have a carry cage, they have bike clips and baggy boxers to help cradle said ferrets, whilst they keep your crown jewels warm whilst bagging conies in winter.......
Flippin Eck, a true country lad.. And brave too! You a relative as well? If so you kept that one quiet mate! :lol:

A little Old !!!! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back