Bettinsoli or Bust.....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmeGHeaD

Hi Y'All,

I'm looking at finally getting my own iron, and due to a recent liquidity issue (no tears now, please. We're British and need to maintain a stiff upper lip!) my budget has been halved to £1k or less. 

Now, I've been looking at second hand weapons, and came across a new Bettinsoli Diamond X Sporter for what seems like a proper steal (around £800!) 

Does anyone one have an opion on these? I cannot find a recent review of them, so am throwing myself on your experience!

I need to go take a look at one, and throw it around a course to see how I get on with it - I would usually shoot a 525....

It is your choice BUT I think the point being made, and rightly so, is that the second hand Miroku will always be a better gun than the Bettinsoli. Buy a good,  used gun and let someone else take the initial drop ! 

It is your choice BUT I think the point being made, and rightly so, is that the second hand Miroku will always be a better gun than the Bettinsoli. Buy a good,  used gun and let someone else take the initial drop ! 
That's not a bad point, and I was originally looking at the second hand market which is where I came across the Bettinsoli range.

I think I'm going to need to spend some more time at the gun shop.....

I presume from your comments that you do not have a specific gun in mind ? May I suggest that you look at the thread entitled £2K gun or something along those lines. £2K or £200, the same principals apply when it comes to making your choice. Try as many different guns as possible, get a shortlist and then try to compare them against each other. You should then reduce your list to 1 or maybe 2 guns. Then begin the search, if it means travelling to get the right gun, then do it. It is always worth a journey, especially if you can try your intended purchase. Without exception, all that comment on here, will have been where you are now. We have already made the sometimes costly mistakes and are now trying to prevent you from doing likewise !

You're absolutely right Westley, I'm open minded at the moment when it comes to a gun - I need to be very careful about my choice as I'll have to live with it for a few years!

All advise is most gratefully received - I've floated around this forum for a little while and always found you guys and gals to be very helpful!

i'll check out that thread. 

Thanks!

honestly I'd steer clear of Bettinsoli. 

my mate got one from new (a Bettinsoli Commander) its had about 10k cartridges through it and its really loose. they arn't that well made in my opinion even for a budget gun

you'd get a much better second hand gun for £1k like a Browning or Beretta etc. 

but if you have your mind made up on a new gun check out the Franchi Alcione one. lots of gun for the money in my opinion comes with a 3 year warranty and made in the same factory as Beretta since Franchi are owned by Beretta    

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly I'd steer clear of Bettinsoli. 

my mate got one from new (a Bettinsoli Commander) its had about 10k cartridges through it and its really loose. they arn't that well made in my opinion even for a budget gun

you'd get a much better second hand gun for £1k like a Browning or Beretta etc. 

but if you have your mind made up on a new gun check out the Franchi Alcione one. lots of gun for the money in my opinion comes with a 3 year warranty and made in the same factory as Beretta since Franchi are owned by Beretta    
Thanks Xaphan, that's useful to know. I've been trolling around guntrader too, and they go for pence in the pound on the second hand market which is making me think peeps want shot of quickly. 

I I think I shall be spending more time trolling various 'marts. 

As has been said previously, with your budget a used Miroku, browning or Beretta is a better bet than a Bettinsoli.

Latest posts

Back