Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Lecter

my head hurts !

Doctor Lecter

ok so bear with me  I aint very bright ! so I have a brand new laptop  and every single time I attempt to sign in  I have to go through  forgot password  regime   ,  life is too short !

balltrap

just go to your settings and make a new one ! ( on the site that is )

Edited by balltrap

ShootClay Admin

Nothing on the forum side that can do that - my suggestion is to clear your cache/cookies etc - instructions here:

http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

nickjwilliams

I'm having exactly the same issue every time I log in, since registering. The only time I can log in is when I reset my password. I am loathed to reset my cache as there are lots of passwords, other pre-set info already stored, which is a pain to start again... It only happens on this site, and I have joined others since this also and have no problem there, so maybe there is something unique to how credentials are passed on this forum when logging in?

Incidentally, my regular browser of choice is Firefox (currently 48.02), but tried using Edge and Chrome browsers which are very rarely used by me (sole user of this Windows 10 PC) and they have the same problem logging in and I have never been to this site on them before, so I suspect that it is not a cache issue.

Perhaps the "Admins" would look at this again please - atleast 2 of us with the issue, and as a new user having joined your forum I don't wish to moan, but can't get involved if it's too painful to log in!

Thanks,

NickW

Mickster

I had this recently as a new user. Could only log in when using the lost password reset procedure.

In my case, I worked out it was down to using my email address to log in rather than my forum username. Although the prompt when logging in says to enter either your email address OR your forum username, for me only the latter worked.

Give it a try.

Edited by Mickster
  • Like 1

nickjwilliams
2 hours ago, Mickster said:

I had this recently as a new user. Could only log in when using the lost password reset procedure.

In my case, I worked out it was down to using my email address to log in rather than my forum username. Although the prompt when logging in says to enter either your email address OR your forum username, for me only the latter worked.

Give it a try.

Thank you "Mickster" - that solved that problem. Very much appreciated...

NickW

• Like 1