Perazzi OT Grand Prix @ Nutty

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

Looking forward to this one tomorrow and Sunday. Slightly unusual format in that everybody starts off unclassified and you are then classified after the first day (from two random rounds drawn from a hat on Saturday evening). At least everyone is classified on their current form rather than historic form.

hog roast and live music on Saturday evening :)  

who needs to go to the Perazzi Mondiale at Lonato? ........although I will be next year!

DT

cant find scores, yet another ground with supposedly major comp but no scores on web site.

Phenomenal shooting by Nathan Hales.... Nuthampstead's first ever 100 straight in OT.

Having bust a gut in a "committee" position and being involved in running 5 major NSSA skeet shoots in this country i can say its a major pressure getting everything wrapped up correctly at the ground. Even though i had a fantastic team around me who did a huge amount of the work over the actual weekend. Things on the last day such as:-

Scores in,

Results checked and verified.

Shoot off's carried out.

Prize presentations / promotional photo's etc

Everything packed away.

Get home (often hours away).

Be ready for work the next morning (as shooting is only a hobby).

I have every sympathy with grounds and admin staff of any association. Plus the various volunteers who help run the shoots, websites, social media feeds. in this "www" day and age of people wanting INSTANT information is a hassle they do not need / should not have.

The ground (in this case) has already posted pictures of the overall winner with his score. Which is really all that is needed within a few hours of it all ending.

After all if we were really interested in getting this information out there we could help do it OR attend the event and stay to the end so we know the results ourselves. I spent 18 months trying to please everyone but myself and in the end decided it was ruining my enjoyment of my hobby and 100% affecting my performance so i left others to it.

We have gone from having to wait weeks to read about shoots in magazines to getting frustrated if we do not have results within a few hours of a shoot ending. This is not a good thing for our "shooting press" as they cannot compete or the shoots as it just adds to their pressure and could mean mistakes are made instead of reviewing the scores correctly.

When I did the rankings for BICTSF, all disciplines mind, they'd be on the website within hours of me receiving the results from the discipline reps, if they could be arsed to email them to me. The trap events which I attended were done the same night with the results.

The Nuthampstead website is pathetic, they haven't updated it for months if not years is some instances. Take a look at Beverley CTC website the results are uploaded within minutes of the shoot finishing. The CPSA shoot 08 programme allows this to be done very simply, it's the grounds that are tardy and there's no excuse nowadays.

I've just checked their website for my own satisfaction. The last British UT GP results are from 2013. They held it in 2014, 2015 and are holding it this year. For OT the last results are from the 2015 selection shoot. Nothing from the 2016 event.

Phil R,

All credit to you - i know how hard it is to do that job.

To call their website "pathetic" is harsh!! - Websites are sadly outdated media - its all about social media. It targets a far bigger audience and allows participation by people - who can tag friends / themselves. You can use video content, links to companies who supported the event etc.There are 752 people who follow the Nuthampstead FB page which is a huge target audience by time you take into account the friends or friends who see each time they comment.

There are over 150 photo's of the Nuthampstead Grand Prix on the Facebook page.

Video of the weekend.

Pictures of the results

Link:- https://www.facebook.com/Nuthampstead-Shooting-Ground-201643773202947/ 

I suspect if you went through their FB page you would find coverage of the events you mention. 

Even me as a techno phobe have taken to what is quite an easy media to use.

BTW that 18 for my last round should have been a 19 due to an incompetent abacus operator. He wrongly gave me a loss and awarded an extra hit to another shooter. The score card was correct but due to the rule that the abacus is the governing score I got shafted. The referee had already buggered off (as soon as the shooting finished) so there was no debate. 

I really don't get this 'the abacus is correct' bollocks as I've seen it f*cked-up dozens of times. Surely if a shooter argues the abacus is wrong before even seeing the score card and the score card agrees with the shooter then the scorecard should be taken as correct? 

Made no difference to any class results etc but left a sour taste after what was an enjoyable weekend even if my shooting was decidedly average.

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
I was on the hooter yesterday and recorded a miss for a shooter who was on for a straight ! There was a marked deviation of the target but I saw no bits of broken target... I was over ruled but interestingly the guy on the abacus agreed with me that the target was hit but was dusted and not broken. Anyway he got his straight  and then did another in the next round to win the comp.

I was on the hooter yesterday and recorded a miss for a shooter who was on for a straight ! There was a marked deviation of the target but I saw no bits of broken target... I was over ruled but interestingly the guy on the abacus agreed with me that the target was hit but was dusted and not broken. Anyway he got his straight  and then did another in the next round to win the comp.
If you were on the 'hooter' who the hell overruled you? Surely the referee (you) has final say?

DT

If you were on the 'hooter' who the hell overruled you? Surely the referee (you) has final say?

DT
The reaction was immediate to my honk on the hooter by two other shooters who said the target was broken? I saw no fragment of the target break away but others did... guy on the abacus agreed with me though. It is the first time I have ever honked for a miss when I knew the target had been dusted, it deviated quite a distance, but I thought it had not been broken. I now wonder whether I just missed the tiniest fragment that make have broken off... but the guy on the abacus makes me think not. Know what was really bizarre? The protest actually came from the two none shooters the guy shooting never even raised his hand ??

Know what was really bizarre? The protest actually came from the two none shooters the guy shooting never even raised his hand ??

Reminds me of that joke where a lawyer acting for a murder suspect announced to the court that the missing murder victim was not dead and would walk through the court doors in 1 minutes time. Everybody in the court turned to look at the doors......except the murderer !!

If the shooter didn't protest, lost target.

DT

um

interesting point.

its up to shooter to challenge (as DT says) other two blokes have nothing to do with it.

the other thing is the ref ie the hooter bloke can ask for second or third opinion from the other two side line judges ie abacus bloke and the card bloke but ultimately its the refs decision regardless of the opinion given. This is why the rules state that the most experienced of the three is the ref. Furthermore if propper refs were used like at dtl things would be much easier for the shooter such as john in this case who has to make the call then after all that faffing has to shoot his next line with it on his mind. Before anyone says yes but shooters are best equipped to ref cos most refs are rubbish, I disagree, the refs employed at dtl events are excellent and do a great job with few if any problems.

I for one am sick of having to ref,

I was stupid Ian I know the man who was shooting I think if I had asked him he would have given an honest "oui ou non" BUT having not asked and him being given the target he did not have to wrestle with his conscience he just smiled and accepted :)   I do not know about others but I know when I have just nicked a bit off a target and also know when I have missed or am at best uncertain... like a few weeks back I shot a good 24 but on the last target I was uncertain and thought I had missed and I just walked off the stand a bit dejected. I was asked by another shooter if I had made the straight and just shrugged my shoulders as I did not know... only to be told yes ! Big smile from me ... but I would never have claimed it if there was any doubt I just did not know for certain and that is something that I cannot do it just feels wrong. I know its a bit weird but I keep note of all my scores and I have one straight I was given that I am convinced I did not make and awarded myself a 24 even though the score sheet says 25!

Similar for me last weekend. I had a target which I thought I had missed but no buzzer. Looked at the ref and he nodded so I'll take it.

DT

It's happend to me.. Walked off at Beverley thinking I'd done a good 24 and found it was a 25.. said I was sure I'd dropped one but all 3 refs said I'd nocked a tiny bit off with the first barrel.

In fact they found  it slightly amusing. 

Must have been too busy  trying with the second barrel to notice.

On Sunday there were 2 incorrectly called. On was a hit called as a loss and remained unchanged.. second was a clear miss (I watched it the whole way ) but the guy was adamant he hit it and the ref gave in (Ground reff). I didn't give enough of a stuff to say anything and was getting ready fot the next target. Needs more than one ref on a line in my opinion. 

It's happend to me.. Walked off at Beverley thinking I'd done a good 24 and found it was a 25.. said I was sure I'd dropped one but all 3 refs said I'd nocked a tiny bit off with the first barrel.

In fact they found  it slightly amusing. 

Must have been too busy  trying with the second barrel to notice.

On Sunday there were 2 incorrectly called. On was a hit called as a loss and remained unchanged.. second was a clear miss (I watched it the whole way ) but the guy was adamant he hit it and the ref gave in (Ground reff). I didn't give enough of a stuff to say anything and was getting ready fot the next target. Needs more than one ref on a line in my opinion. 

:angel: good job i was not reffing you !..................buzz if in doubt  :lol:

Latest posts

Back