Miroku 800

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nige H

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum , had a shotgun application filled out for ages came across it one day in a drawer had forgotten about it so sent it in , after a long wait certificate dropped on the mat ,so I thought I've give sporting clay shooting a go and really love it.

Not got my own gun yet but a friend has offered me a Miroku 800 would like any thoughts you have .

many thanks 

Hi he said it's a game gun 28inch barrels I'm a bit worried about spares or isn't that  an issue 

You`d be unlucky to need anything other than springs or firing pins,which are easily sorted.

A 28" game gun would get you started ok,if it`s cheap enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
See if he is prepared to let you try it first, if it is your first gun, try to get someone with a bit more experience to give it the once over. Even go as far as to book a lesson at your local gun club and take the gun with you. If you have a certificate you can 'borrow' the gun for 72 hours, with the owners permission of course. Some of the early 800's had leaf springs instead of coils, they can be a bit more expensive to replace.

Having a go with it on Sunday I think it's a early one but I know him quite well and it will have been looked after 

Just worried about its age and subsequent reliability 

It will probably be more reliable than many much later guns, including some with a nought added to the price that you are paying. Should it have a problem, it will also be cheaper to repair !

Another mine field I'm finding is which cartridge any recommendations welcome I've been using Hull cartridge superfast 

Another mine field I'm finding is which cartridge any recommendations welcome I've been using Hull cartridge superfast 
Literally any 21/24/28g 7.5/8 nothing wrong with superfarts maybe a little kicky though a game gun repetetively ;)

21/24g would be a good starting point ,game guns are lighter,as Schmokinn says heavier loads may be a bit too lively.

Sporting 100 or if you would like to go softer Intercomp HV
Recoil perception is a funny thing as i think the Sporting 100 a great soft cartridge but at the moment i am shooting power Gold as they seem

even softer to me,hit just as hard and are 15gbp a thousand cheaper.

They also look very pretty if thats your thing  :D

I know a guy who is shooting a similar Miroku 28" game and Superfasts, he says that he is not aware of any recoil issues but has suffered slight bruising to his upper arm. This has been caused by the recoil of the first shot causing the gun to jump out of his shoulder socket and onto his upper arm. (no recoil pad). He has now had an Isis recoil pad fitted and switched to 24 gram Hull cartridges and it has transformed both the gun and his shooting.

Back