Armi Salvinelli ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garwood

Anyone know what happened to Salvinelli in the UK ? None to find on the `net and little info .

Anyone know what happened to Salvinelli in the UK ? None to find on the `net and little info .
I tried to buy one a couple of years ago but they didn't appear to have a conventional supplier in this country and the one I did manage to get an e-mail address for just stopped replying. More recently a mate who was interested in getting one as a second gun was given a number to ring and was told they were available from £5k+ if memory serves  :unsure:  which is a good two grand more than the prices being advertised when I was interested. 

Must be because of the several hundred trophies and championships they've won since. 

Another good gun maker being wasted because of lack of marketing. 

Kelbrook were advertising them. I noticed that they had some in hhe rack a couple le of weeks ago.

Don'tvthink they are advertising them though 

The Monaco model  handles very much like a Kenen. 

If I remember correctly they were about 2.5 to 3k new.. 

Looked like very good package fot the price.. if they have struggled to sell,  it will only because they don't have Browning or Beretta stamped on.  

If you are down South contact Chris Potters in Tunbridge Wells.

It wa Michel Megginsons son in law that was importing them, Kelbrook where the original importers, so its still in the family.

Dont be tempted by the original, which was the Monza, no dealers will touch them and good at double discharges, whereas the Monaco seems a good reliable gun.....

Sounds like like they`re dead in the water atm then !

Shame as they seemed a good gun to shoot .

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like like they`re dead in the water atm then !

Shame as they seemed a good gun to shoot .
Not really, no...

http://www.gun.co.uk/shotguns/salvinelli/

10992.jpg

Very interesting,if they`re pitched correctly in the market they should sell now that a decent dealer is handling them .

No price tends to say they`re now expensive though.

They need to put them in the hands of recognisable winners, most of the really good ones are spoken for but there are potentially still people like John Lee, Mark Marshall, etc, who they might be able to tempt away from their current set up. Any less desirable names is just silly daydreaming. 

Sponsorship with guns is actually extremely cost effective because the brand gets seen on and off circuit (in print) constantly, we always cite C.Guerrini as masters of marketing but just look at what Perazzi have achieved with GD's help and stature within the sport, two decades ago only Trap shooters used them, now plumbers spend £8500 without blinking. 

That's if they have any real pretence of making an impact on the clay scene, spend or be damned. Do they want to just sell a few dozen mid price ones to the curious and a few high end ones to the idle rich or do they want to play big ? There is no shortcut when it comes to correct marketing. 

Totally agree,Beretta were just a budget o/u when I started shooting but their exposure by top shots in the 80`s changed their image.

The quality of the guns didn`t change but their perceived worth did.

It will be very interesting to see if these guns take off , perhaps Potter's could put one into the hands of Sam Green or Adam Cork?

It will be very interesting to see if these guns take off , perhaps Potter's could put one into the hands of Sam Green or Adam Cork?
There is no reason why they shouldn't as those who have them speak highly enough about them and they look the part too. They just need to look at what others have done that's worked before, i.e, it's not rocket science. Perazzi made the MX2000 for GD and it didn't feature detachable locks (because it's not needed) and the gun is thus more reliable and stronger too; and cheaper to manufacture. 

They need to carefully follow half a dozen known factors which are proven to work when building up a brand/business. Placing them in famous hands is an absolute must but even more important is having an affordable entry level gun which is good enough to win with, think 682, think the various Mirooks, think CG, even the Mx2000 was circa £4k when it first appeared. The other things to get spot on is the gun spec, it must have the right weight, feel, barrel weight, rib, trigger feel and crucially the stock & fore end must look and feel right.

Unless you serve your time and get guns into hands quickly you'll find others will fill your shoes instead. I'll tell them for nothing trying to sell £5k guns from the off is not gonna work if they have serious intentions. 

My good friend Charlie Milne from East Sussex has been offered a sponsorship deal from Potters and will take delivery of his new Salvinelli any day soon.

As a veteran shooter, Charlie has been enjoying his claying more than ever over the last couple of years and regularly makes the top three at Northall, Southdown and other local shoots.

Give him a few months to settle in and my monies on him to earn his sponsorship with some deserved silverware next season.

Good luck "Old Bean" :clover:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is highly unlikely that you are that old!

Beretta is one of the oldest companies in existence, at nearly 500 years old.

Their SO series guns (not budget!) appeared in the mid '30's, and were on the SO4 by the '70's :)

http://www.fieldsportsmagazine.com/Shotguns/the-beretta-so.html
No one saw those ! S56/57 were all that were about,and they were not that common ! Browning/Miroku and Remmy 1100  held sway everywhere I went in the 70`s.I knew more people with the Webley variant than actual Berettas.

I would like to wish my good friend Charles Milne, all the very best with his new Salvinelli sponsorship from Chris Potter Country Sports.

P1070310.JPG

P1070302.JPG

P1070300.JPG

P1070305.JPG

P1070307.JPG

Yes it has to be said that looks pretty damn good for £5ishk, makes you wonder don't it. 
Yes it does Hamy, if it's reliable and shoots well, then maybe with the right marketing and back up it could give some others a run for their money! 

Latest posts

Back