Gunsite 10th July

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Only 2nd ever visit for me here, out with Stew Keen, did struggle with my own inner demons for first 8 stands, bit too timid (still) everywhere and if I'm cruel I'd say I'd shot rather poorly. Didn't get wet, had a few targets that caught the breeze, no more no worse than anyone else though. Did see lots of kind faces and everyone appeared in jolly spirits, after dropping 2 on stand 4 that the scorer kindly told me "everyone had straighted" he suggested I shoot before they are about to land (I was that slow) shot last stands gun up which worked :) hoping its s eureka moment for me as I'm of the opinion that I'm too slow continue gun down.

Stew shot an eighty plus which was a great  recovery after an indifferent start, overall think Brett Hand was leading.

I was planning to have a weekend off after the recent heavy schedule. Richie wanted to try the recently Nigel Teague fitted Miroku, and the wife again gave me a green light, bless her. After 4 stands, 8 targets away I was thinking 'you should have stayed at home Stewie boy'. I personally found the shoot testing today, some good angled edge on stuff and     loopers I didn't respect. Good course as usual with an offering of straightable stands, which should have been taken. I finished strongly, personally pleased with hitting all the teal stuff which has phased me lately. When looking at the scoreboard when I left, a mixed bag with class scores about right. Brett Hand's 97 was awesome on that course in the wind. Nice also to get round Gunsite in about 2 1/4 hours. Just missed the rain also I think. Stew

Shaun always puts a great shoot on.  

Good mix of targets, speeds, angles, and distances but nothing extreme.  I was really please with my 86, I messed up on 8 and 11 getting 6/10 and 4/8.  Had to queue a bit each time and I just didn't switch on, and neither were particularly difficult, especially the floppy-ish sim pair on 8.  

I was more than pleased with my 86 to take the win in b, my worst stand was 6 the simo r-l pair, I only managed a 5 on there other than that everything went to plan.

Back