Blaser F16

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrBeau

Afternoon all,

has anybody on the forums had a go with the sporter version of the new Blaser F16 yet? If so, is it any good?

(PS - the super slow-mo adverts on their American website are the most satisfying videos you'll watch all day: http://www.blaserf16.com/)

I had a go with one at the world championships as Blaser had their range to test.

It didn't fit me at all as it was a bit short and right-handed but overall it handled pretty well, it did seem incredibly light compared to the lump that I shoot so if I had it then I'd have to buy the weights to calm it down.

I had a go with one at the world championships as Blaser had their range to test.

It didn't fit me at all as it was a bit short and right-handed but overall it handled pretty well, it did seem incredibly light compared to the lump that I shoot so if I had it then I'd have to buy the weights to calm it down.
Was the lack of gun weight a cause for any noticeable recoil issues ?

Was the lack of gun weight a cause for any noticeable recoil issues ?
Not that I noticed and that was using white golds.  

The gun itself just felt more whippy than what I normally shoot and the F16 has 30-inch barrels which might have something to do with that also.

Some people might like their gun to shoot like that though, that's the beauty of the Blaser system.

Not that I noticed and that was using white golds.  

The gun itself just felt more whippy than what I normally shoot and the F16 has 30-inch barrels which might have something to do with that also.

Some people might like their gun to shoot like that though, that's the beauty of the Blaser system.
I am having trouble with the weight of my Miroku MK10 Trap which is 30" but it weighs 8 1/4lbs. I have resorted to using my Beretta 303 auto at 7 1/4lbs. I liked the sound of the F16, which without the bits,  comes in at around 7 1/2 lbs. I have shot the Longthorne O/U which is 7 1/4lbs, without any recoil isuues, using Superfasts. So, the Miroku will be getting sold and possibly an F16 taking it's place. I was waiting for Matt at Doveridge to get one in that I could try. Thanks for you advice. W.

I prefer a heavy gun  , providing it fits well ,  im sure it helps soak up recoil .    8lbs  plus   for me ,   lightweights ok for walked up game etc. .

I prefer a heavy gun  , providing it fits well ,  im sure it helps soak up recoil .    8lbs  plus   for me ,   lightweights ok for walked up game etc. .
I agree entirely with what you say but I think the expression is "The spirit is willing, BUT the flesh it is weak". When due to injuries and a shoulder op. you are unable to lift an 8lbs plus gun, then you have to go lighter.........................................or take up knitting ! 

I hadn't fully appreciated the importance of weight until I couldn't physically lift the gun. I broke my trigger hand back in January, and switched down to a lightweight Benelli 828U (6 1/2lbs) while it healed. It's pretty lively, and generally in a good way. Cheekbone got a bit bruised in the process, until I screwed some extended chokes into the business end to calm down the inevitable muzzle flip. Mostly back to a 30" B725, and now I can heft it again my sporting scorecard is feeling the benefit of the heavier and more stable gun. I still love that crazy Benelli, though: it'd drive you nuts as your main gun, but in a flurry it's an absolute hoot!

Dr Beau, if that's you in your profile pic I can see you are left-handed.

Blaser haven't released the F16 in LH yet ?

Bisondan: Ah, I was wondering about that. The American Blaser website has L/H as an option on its configurator, but you're quite right, it doesn't seem to be an option in Blighty yet. Ho hum.

I've just bought an F16 and traded in my Browning for the same reason - I wanted a lighter gun due to rotator cuff impingement in my left shoulder (which affects the nerves all the way down your arm) and three lots of surgery on my right arm, which I can neither fully bend or straighten.

I should be shooting it on Thursday and I'll see how I get on.

I also considered a Beretta 692 Carbon as they're also pretty light.

I said I would write something after I shot my F16, well I've used it a couple of times now and I'm getting more used to it and enjoying the lighter weight of this gun, the right hand grip seems identical to my Browning (one of the reasons I bought it and not the 692) and after putting the trigger fully back the night before I had no problems reaching it.  Can't comment too much on the handling as I'm no expert as this is only the third gun I've owned, but balance seemed excellent although the score last Thursday was far from that and I've booked a lesson at High Lodge to make sure I'm 'doing things right' with the new gun.

Did you perceive any increase in recoil, compared to your Browning. I just need to sell my MK10 to Balltrap and then order my F16 !

I had a shot with an F16 today as my mate is wanting to change his DT11 as it's to heavy for him, we also shot a 689 too. The F16 was ok though a bit low in the comb for me and there was a fair bit of recoil compared to the 692 and the comb on that was quite low as well.

If I had to make a choice I would go for the 692 to be honest and I used to have an F3 Pro but they do seem to recoil as well.

I didn't notice recoil particularly but when I paid attention to it and after 100 or so shots there was maybe a slight increase over the Browning, but only slight.

Latest posts

Back