Southdown Selection / Inter counties 2/3 July 16

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamster

Not sure if anyone has started one already but shot the ESP 100 birder there today as part of the Kent team and thought it an excellent layout, only a couple of stands that could reasonably be called close the rest medium to long birds and enjoyable to shoot. Nothing beyond 50 yards but it was relentless in a good way with plenty of speed on some of them too. I shot some good stands straight but fluffed stand 3 with a poor 4x8 to end on 83 which could have been a fair few less so not complaining. 

Shot Horne Open on the way back and carded a 94, girl on rabbit stand defo mis-scored me a rabbit I'd hit which I didn't say anything at the time but mentioned it to her and the organisers later as a point of principal but refused their offer to rectify it in case some numpties get all emotional  :baby: :lol: .  

Happy days shooting. 

Back to this old chestnut. The scorer should call the losses. It should be disputed at the time. At the very least the scorer should allow the pair to be shot stain.

I had a clay today (driven) with holes in it called as a loss. Another shooter had it land beside him, the ref would not allow it saying it was not broken. I told him it was a CPSA rule if visible holes in it then it's hit. Here's the rule which most of them don't know.

Still they are always right and we are always wrong

[SIZE=8pt]TARGET DEFINITION “HIT” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=7pt]3.10 Has had a visible piece broken from it, is completely destroyed or, in the case of targets that are presented whole and during flight holes are seen to appear which have been caused by the Competitor’s shot. [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to this old chestnut. The scorer should call the losses. It should be disputed at the time. At the very least the scorer should allow the pair to be shot stain.

I had a clay today with holes in it called as a loss. Another shooter had it land beside him, the ref would not allow it saying it was not broken. I told him it was a CPSA rule if visible holes in it then it's hit. Here's the rule which most of them don't know.

Still they are always right and we are always wrong

[SIZE=8pt]TARGET DEFINITION “HIT” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=7pt]3.10 Has had a visible piece broken from it, is completely destroyed or, in the case of targets that are presented whole and during flight holes are seen to appear which have been caused by the Competitor’s shot. [/SIZE]
Unusual set of circumstances though Rosso, this particular rabbit could half disappear behind a small mound and legitimately be hard to see for the scorer hence many including me tackled it earlier to avoid this possibility. I did miss one fair and square early on but the last pair were killed (second bird was different) but the clay was not destroyed but visibly broken, the girl just scored it a loss as poo happens. 

The reason I didn't raise a query right then was because the stand was empty save for a couple including a famous shot about to hand their cards in, I simply didn't want to risk being thought to whinge birds onto my card.  

Not sure if anyone has started one already but shot the ESP 100 birder there today as part of the Kent team and thought it an excellent layout, only a couple of stands that could reasonably be called close the rest medium to long birds and enjoyable to shoot. Nothing beyond 50 yards but it was relentless in a good way with plenty of speed on some of them too. I shot some good stands straight but fluffed stand 3 with a poor 4x8 to end on 83 which could have been a fair few less so not complaining. 

Shot Horne Open on the way back and carded a 94, girl on rabbit stand defo mis-scored me a rabbit I'd hit which I didn't say anything at the time but mentioned it to her and the organisers later as a point of principal but refused their offer to rectify it in case some numpties get all emotional  :baby: :lol: .  

Happy days shooting. 
I shot it yesterday, thought it was a good shoot but I made a bit of a mess of it starting badly but finished quite well.

Stand 3, was that low R-L blaze then that horrible L-R slow long standard which was quite a way out?

Did you shoot the pool shoot? I tried shooting it but the scorer didn't know what he was doing (old boy kept sending the wrong targets out) and they were having a few issues with traps.  I like to shoot the pool-shoot just to get my timing going and I should have walked off.  I hope they don't go back to where they were towards the end of last year with lots of break-downs.   

I shot it yesterday, thought it was a good shoot but I made a bit of a mess of it starting badly but finished quite well.

Stand 3, was that low R-L blaze then that horrible L-R slow long standard which was quite a way out?

Did you shoot the pool shoot? I tried shooting it but the scorer didn't know what he was doing (old boy kept sending the wrong targets out) and they were having a few issues with traps.  I like to shoot the pool-shoot just to get my timing going and I should have walked off.  I hope they don't go back to where they were towards the end of last year with lots of break-downs.   
Yep that's the one, missed 2 of each which is poor as the stand was no more than par 6/7. I tend not to even shoot the SportTrap round because it can get a bit of a long day, never even knew there was a pool. 

Yep that's the one, missed 2 of each which is poor as the stand was no more than par 6/7. I tend not to even shoot the SportTrap round because it can get a bit of a long day, never even knew there was a pool. 
Pool shoot is by the barn at the bottom of the car park, maybe it wasn't on today due to the problems they were having yesterday?

I got all the blaze and only one of the 2nd target, needed more lead than I thought.

I travel 85 miles from Basingstoke so I make a bit of a day of it down there.  Get there for about 9, shoot the pool at 930, shoot the sporting, bit of breakfast, then shoot the sportrap which I try to book for 1.30 then home.

Pool shoot is by the barn at the bottom of the car park, maybe it wasn't on today due to the problems they were having yesterday?

I got all the blaze and only one of the 2nd target, needed more lead than I thought.

I travel 85 miles from Basingstoke so I make a bit of a day of it down there.  Get there for about 9, shoot the pool at 930, shoot the sporting, bit of breakfast, then shoot the sportrap which I try to book for 1.30 then home.
Southdown - Pool shoot was there Sunday - I like to do it but didn't get time.  I don't know if there were any problems though.

I enjoyed the ESP course - 73/100 and the sportrap 80/100 - good day

Shot the pool shooton Sunday at southdown and hit 10 ex 25 which wasn't to bad considering I had only fired the gun 3 times at the pattern plate abiut 15 minutes before, shoot a 47 on the sporting which should have been more but I was learning how the new gun shoots, its got longer barrels and a raised rib. Had some lunch then onto the sporttrap at 1:30 where I managed a 65/100 and was feeling a lot more at home with gun and had some really good kills with 1/4 and 1/2 choke.

Latest posts

Back