First OT straight

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

So last weekend the boy and I shot the third OT selection shoot at Beverley. Picked up a new (to me) 29.5inch MX2000 at 9.00am on Saturday morning, dropped my stock on and at 9.30am walked straight on to the first squad of the day with it. Had intended to have a few practice rounds with it on Friday afternoon but shocking traffic on the M42 and M1 put paid to that idea.

First line. 17 ! Hmmm what have I done? :(  

Second squad at lunchtime. 21. Bit more like it and going in the right direction. :unsure:

Third squad late afternoon. 19. Bugger! :angry:  this is not going how I envisaged.

Finished day one on a very disappointing 57 ex 75 and spent most of Saturday evening (and night) wondering whether to stick with the new gun or revert back to my 31.5inch gun for Sunday? Decided to stick with it as I'd just bought the thing.

Sunday morning dawned dull and overcast (just like Saturday). Wishy-washy white skies made the targets very difficult to see once they had broken above the tree line. Lens colour was a lottery. That said, I think the ground had maybe dropped some of the very high targets as there didn't seem to be quite so many on Sunday.

The shoot was re-squadded (?) for Sunday with the top 50% shooting layouts A&B, while me and the rest of the bottom half shot layouts C&D Oh the humiliation :blush:

First line on Sunday. 24 :)  Some thing just clicked and the only target I missed was no.14 (low, dead straight bugger :angry: ). Still at least it shows the gun is shooting where I am looking.

Last round. 25 first barrels ! :D  First one ever for OT.  Just didn't seem like I could miss. Couple of chippy ones but the rest were all smack in the middle.

Sunday score 49 ex 50. High score for the day (with one other) and finished on a 106, which after a 57 on Saturday didn't seem likely.

As for the boy. After a shaky start (18) he managed to put in a solid performance to finish on 110 ex 125. A new PB for him (1 more than his previous) and scores consistently going in the right direction. Now if he can avoid that one sub 20 round that seems to sneak in to every selection shoot he'd be right up there in the juniors.

SW2000 next weekend (hopefully) so will see if Sunday was a flash-in-the pan.

DT

PS: Anybody interested in a beautiful 31.5 Inch MX8 in fabulous condition, let me know via PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff Greg never been near a straight at FO but hit a 25 FU the other weekend ... which is weird because I am not shooting well just now.. but I shot it at another club which probably was the reason. Had quite a lot of FU straights but at our club we don't use the Olympic setup enough to get the chance to make one. The main comp discipline down here is FU so most clubs concentrate on that. We have a 50 FO/50 FU comp every year so for one month only the FO setup is used the rest of the year we only use the middle 5 traps for FU

Well, close enough to a confession I suppose hahaha  At least you've gone public  :D

And that is some just fine shooting.  If you and Harry could shoot as a team and "take the best ball" sorta thing you'd have some super scores!

Well done DT its nice to have a good result .....as we all have to many bad days :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back