Books about Clay Shooting...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
I love reading (or at least I did until I started this site!) - and I'm interested to know what good books you have ready about Clay Shooting? I'll start - 

• Breaking Clays by Chris Batha (one of the first I read)
  • Clay Shooting for beginners and enthusiasts by John King (I reviewed this on the main site, which then got picked up and reprinted by Clay Shooter magazine)
 Then I have two really old books which I need to read:

• Son of Gun by Major Kenneth Dawson (first edition from 1936 - series of letters about game and clay shooting from a father to a son)
  • The Modern Shotgun by Major Sir Gerald Burrard (a 1950 reprint of a 1930 book about the anatomy of a shotgun)
 What have you/are you reading about Clay Shooting?

I recently bought 2 books by AJ.(Smoker) Smith -- AJ was for me the George Digweed of my late teens and early twenties until I started to read about this new George Digweed coming into the scene, to be honest I'm not a great book ready as I've the attention span of a fly but I do intend to read these books when I get the change, you are very very welcome to have a lend of them both. Nigel

I only have a couple, The first was the BASC Handbook on the Sporting Shotgun, I bought this when I applied for my SGC and was a valuble learning resource prior to interview. I also have Breaking Clays by Chris Batha and think it's OK. Cheers, Jon.

Latest posts

Back