A funny thing happened at the comp today

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

Strange one this and would like a ruling because I have never seen this before...also I cannot be arsed reading the rules to find out :)  Anyway shooting UT today and one of the competitors who I know quite well and has a dodgy trigger hand, from an accident years ago, sets up to shoot his target and, I think but cannot be certain, before calling the target discharges his gun which releases the target which is the unbelievably broken by the shot! :)  .. They made him take it again and he missed :)  ... should the first shot have counted ?

Last edited by a moderator:
its impossible john. He must have released the target before he pulled the trigger unless of course he shot both barrels

Saw it with my own eyes .. unless the target was not it directly?? ie he actually hit the lid first?? Its not BS  although I don't know if he called the target first... but then why would they make him re- shoot the thing??

He did it the other week end only that time he blew the centring clay off the top of the lid :) :) :)  he is a good shot but has a deformed hand unfortunately. Think he is just trying to get a bit too much tension on the trigger from time to time.

if target came out before he called and he inadvertently shot it then its a no bid asaik regardless of if he shot at it he did not call for it so target again full use of gun.

Ian I think you are possible miss understand what I am saying. He discharged his gun which released the target and it broke. Something does now come to mind...even more weirdly it was a no bird broken target which coincided with the whole shemozzle ?? Whatever happened to me and others looking on it looked like he discharged his gun which released the target and it was broken by the shot???

I understand john, I just don't think its possible and was trying to work out a scenario to explain it.

I well understand why you would say that Ian But the eye does not lie... that is why I think that either the shot came off the lid .. or even more miraculously the target was in fact a broken one that made it look like he broke it... or lastly the target was released by some other sound which caused the release and quite abstractly he somehow broke the target but it was right in front of the fosse laterally feet in front. Lastly whatever happened he did not intend to fire his gun at all he actually made that very clear and I was not the only onlooker who thought he broke it. However the upshot (PTP) to all it looked like he broke the target :)! I was more inquisitive to know what would have happened should he have claimed he called it :)  

my head hurts , sorry but I aint very bright , this incident  could not happen .    could it ?
Sounds weird but I can assure you he said he did not call the target but did in error discharge his gun and the target that was released was, it appeared broken? Now it was either shot off the lid ie a ricochet or it was already broken as release giving rise to thinking it was broken by him or the target was in fact released by another sound and his misfire broke it... he made no claim to having called the target though. My though was what would have happened if he had claimed he did legitimately shoot it?

he cant claim it and ref cant give it because it was never called for thus its a no bird end of. Repeat target full use regardless of if he hit it or not.

Makes sense Ian as I don't know the rules! :)  However the other week when he shot the centring clay off the top of the lid... he was given a zero by the ref?

But none of that gives any closure on why it appeared that he actually hit a target he never called. Now there is a guy down here who regularly trick shoots the final target of a round with in feet of trap house, which made me think he the person today had hit it.... but the guy who trick shoots them calls the target then shoots it!

Whatever happened, one thing for certain is it didn't need to happen.There is push button trigger system that can cure your freinds problem easily. 

Makes sense Ian as I don't know the rules! :)  However the other week when he shot the centring clay off the top of the lid... he was given a zero by the ref?

But none of that gives any closure on why it appeared that he actually hit a target he never called. Now there is a guy down here who regularly trick shoots the final target of a round with in feet of trap house, which made me think he the person today had hit it.... but the guy who trick shoots them calls the target then shoots it!
trick shooter bloke is probably counting targets and knows what's coming and is so familiar with the layout he is able to ambush it.

clever git :)

He is a French inter and very good at it Ian... I just don't know how he manages to hit them so close to the trap house though... we are talking about ten to fifteen feet... I have trouble seeing them at that distance never mind pulling the trigger

He is a French inter and very good at it Ian... I just don't know how he manages to hit them so close to the trap house though... we are talking about ten to fifteen feet... I have trouble seeing them at that distance never mind pulling the trigger

I know someone that can do it with the gun upside down :rolleyes:

Is that standing on yer head or just holding the gun all daft like :) :)  
You need to ask someone that has seen it done :wink:

:lol: sometimes i shoot better that way  

What about hitting a clay with an air rifle ! ( out the trap of course )

Latest posts

Back