DTL gun hold

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

purely for debate.

having a rekindled interest in DTL and another new fangled high rib gizzmo I am interested in the views of my learned DTL friends as to the pros and cons of high hold v hold on lip. I have played about with all methods in the past and have shot good scores with various methods and flat and high rib guns. The most consistent was with a 682x trap and a highish hold but I am open to opinion if its based on fact and experience.

Not sure if I am past it but I found at the weekend that with a high hold some targets snuck out and I didn't see them when I expected to. I don't recall this issue with previous high rib guns but it could be just a matter of adapting to the low speed target having shot so much ABT and OT over the years.

off you go

mutley

that's exactly what I experienced at weekend and as you know I am a natural high holder. I can only put it down to target speed and the delay of it appearing, anyway summat not quite right yet, I have not found my dtl technique yet.

I'm "currently" using a DT10 Trap gun - I shot off the back lip all weekend at Bywell & did OK as you know in fact I only barrelled 1 target off peg 1 or 5 all weekend. Today I popped to Beverly for a bit of practice & tried it there & found I flashed over the top of a couple - when I lifted my gun hold I was back smoking em. Be interesting to see the changes I need to make when I get my new gun in 6 weeks  ;)

6 inches above pegs 2 3 and 4 at Beverley inch above on 1 and 5 otherwise I find they can sneak out ! only my opinion though, other grounds I try the same and some times go up a bit in the middle pegs.

Very old footage, but this fellah new his way around the DTL Game. This clip all about gun position from all five stands. Well worth a watch, I think.

its a lot more complicated than i thought i'am shooting the east midlands intercounties DTL on sunday and i have a lot to learn.but i do have the correct gun though a remmy auto.

Isn't the point of trap that each person has a different gun hold point and look point for each discipline?

@chippy I'm on at 1.50 on Sunday. Will our paths finally cross?

not really ehb there are only a few different hold points that will work.

I will be using 7 shot cartridges and 1/4 choke so just look for the chippy'est kills and that will be me.  Oh and I've just fitted two Guinness beer mats to my glasses.

I am taking that as a brush off  :frown: You can find me easily enough: purple hair gives it away.

I'm on at 09:50 :angry:  But I'll be around all day no doubt  ;)

Latest posts

Back