Skeet coaches

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

postie

Can anybody recommend a skeet coach around the Midlands will be going up that area for a week  or so with caravan in mid June or even mid July 

Don't know how far away Matlock, Derbyshire,  is from where you are planning to stay,  but Joe Neville MBE is well worth a visit.

I'd certainly recommend Dave Beardmore. He has the personal pedigree and several of his students are shooting phenomenally well!

he is based at doveridge, a lovely well run ground.

David is in such demand that I would think you should try to arrange something sooner rather than expect to be able to get a session at short notice but he does seem to be working magic for many.

Could I piggyback on this topic and ask if there is a good skeet coach around mid-wales? ie, Mid Wales shooting center would be perfect...

buze,

I cannot answer your question sadly as no experience in the location.

I guess to throw it back at you "postie" (OP) is also from Wales and he is seeking a coach in this thread in the Midlands area as I guess none for his needs in his area.

A coach is very much individual to the person and the level you are currently shooting at and the level you aspire too. Then it is about building a long term relationship and working with that person. In that case travelling is well worth it IMO as it gives you the help you want. Couple of hours in a car / costs of travel are more than outweighed by what you will learn.

Reality is in most cases you are only having an hour or two session at a time. Unless you book a specific group clinic. So easy enough to do each session in a day. I also base costs on things such as "would you learn as much shooting on your own in registered competition / practice with the same amount of money spent on coaching?".

It might help people make a recommendation if you gave a bit of history and then some goals / ambitions in the discipline.

If your a relative newcomer then maybe just a local good shot would be able to help, equally if you have Olympic aspirations then another persons name would be bought up, If you have national or international ambitions in NSK / ESK / NSSA then other names might come up.

Back