Sporting gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonne

Hello!

Im thinking about buying a new Sporting gun, looked at Beretta 692 or the Browning 725.

any suggestion on other guns in that price range or snyting else i should  think about ?

not a sporter but I am more than pleased with my 692 trap. Paul120 has shot the sporter and was I believe very impressed, he may be along soon to give full report

not a sporter but I am more than pleased with my 692 trap. Paul120 has shot the sporter and was I believe very impressed, he may be along soon to give full report
Great input, anything in particular that stands out?

Last edited by a moderator:
My vote goes to the 725 32", I bought a grade 5 earlier on this year after having a couple of 525's and I have to say they are a superb gun, excellent handling and superb triggers.

I have a ceaser guerini summit ascent for a year now and love it balance and handling is superb , the 692 was not for me and the 725 higher grade was nice too.I shot all three at a couple of open days and settled on the CG And not regretted it .try and do an open day or 2 and if you try a gun you really like bye it . I tried a 692 at mid wales I couldn't miss for trying humd and ared about it ,when I phone it was sold. I must have tried another 5/6 at a couple of open days couldn't hit a bloody barn door with them nothing felt the same .if you can open days are good all the best with your choice 

What guns are you used to now?

Beretta nad Browning do handle quite differently and one may be hard pressed not to obtain a like for one over another.

Great input, anything in particular that stands out?
well of course you cant go wrong with any beretta but its true that early production 692 took some stick but my one seems on a par with my dt10eell and my 686eell. See my report on gun section.

What guns are you used to now?

Beretta nad Browning do handle quite differently and one may be hard pressed not to obtain a like for one over another.
this is exactly true ?

I have a 686 and i had a Browning 425, but i was some time ago. But if i remember correctly i liked the 425. But can you compare these guns to the 692 and the 725?

Ips i will read your report!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I have a ceaser guerini summit ascent for a year now and love it balance and handling is superb , the 692 was not for me and the 725 higher grade was nice too.I shot all three at a couple of open days and settled on the CG And not regretted it .try and do an open day or 2 and if you try a gun you really like bye it . I tried a 692 at mid wales I couldn't miss for trying humd and ared about it ,when I phone it was sold. I must have tried another 5/6 at a couple of open days couldn't hit a bloody barn door with them nothing felt the same .if you can open days are good all the best with your choice 
I Will take a look on the CG!

B725 is a step toward Beretta (shallower receiver nad lighter barrels with DS chokes) but still Browning. 692 vs 686 - I'd take 686 anytime - while balance can be adjusted on 692 it feels very barrel light and just too lively for my taste.

Comparing guns is purely subjective - I am quite biased to Brownings - give me any Browning (except Cynergy) and I will do just fine...

...then there are Miroku - those are just tailor made for me right out of the box. If you liked that 425 give a Mk38 a try.

What discipline do you shoot?

freeshot is correct the 692 is lively. I have had a couple of 686 and from memory they were very handleable (not sure if that's an actual word ?) as in steady and arguably nicer than a 682 IF you like light guns as they are lighter and slimner than 682

My vote goes to the 725 32", I bought a grade 5 earlier on this year after having a couple of 525's and I have to say they are a superb gun, excellent handling and superb triggers.
What is the difference between 30" & 32" doesn't the 32" gets heavy in the front?

Whats positive to go with the 32""

Easy buy something reliable.  There have been some right horror stories on the forum recently about 725's and 692's.  So be different and have a 32" Blaser F16.

Easy buy something reliable.  There have been some right horror stories on the forum recently about 725's and 692's.  So be different and have a 32" Blaser F16.
spam_zpsgrmrnfxe.png

What is the difference between 30" & 32" doesn't the 32" gets heavy in the front?

Whats positive to go with the 32""
The 32" is a very good clay gun. Mine weighs pretty much dead on 8lb just a fraction over and balances 1/2" in front of the hinge pin, they aren't as muzzle heavy as the mk38 sporter is. It swings superbly with 32's, never had a go with a 30, but I'm sure a 30 would be an excellent all round gun as well (my dad has just ordered a pro trap in 30" for game shooting) I shoot mine at everything, clays, simulated game days, pigeons, walked up game, driven game and I've never felt that it was too long or out of place.

The best thing to do is try the different barrel lengths to see what suits you if you can. I took a gamble with a 32" after having 32" 525's and I've never regretted it at all.

Guns balance where you want or need them to, barrel length is immaterial in that regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went trying the Browning 725 30" today, i really liked it, nice trigger, great balance and great stock. But then i compare to my own 686.

I will try out some more guns on friday on Sweden game fair.

Whats on my bucket list is the Beretta 692, Miroku Mk 38 and the Blaser F3.

+1. Blaser F16 32". 
I tried the F16 with 28" last sunday, but here we do not have any sporting modells yet, only hunting modells. :ahappy:

I went trying the Browning 725 30" today, i really liked it, nice trigger, great balance and great stock. But then i compare to my own 686.

I will try out some more guns on friday on Sweden game fair.

Whats on my bucket list is the Beretta 692, Miroku Mk 38 and the Blaser F3.

I tried the F16 with 28" last sunday, but here we do not have any sporting modells yet, only hunting modells. :ahappy:
Sporters arriving in June, I think Churchills will be having them as club guns.  I'll have a play and put a review on here when they have them.

Latest posts

Back