OT rule query

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul b

When a shooter fires,how long should the delay be before the light comes on for the next shooter?

Once set should it be changed.

Shot the first round this morning and did realy well,came back to that layout for third round and it took a age for the light to come on after the man before shot,the first time was perfect delay wise but the second time it ruined my timing altogether.

No but i nearly lost my temper.

Just had a look at issf rules and there seems to be no time set,only that when the shooter has opened his gun and score recorded can the next shooter call.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a variable delay set on the control box to allow for the hooter. Often used to trip up foreigners in shootoffs. There is no need to rush your call - allow the previous shooter's target to fall to the ground.

Thanks fred looks like that another part of the puzzle to put into the picture,i was using the first shot as the time to start doing what i do but the computer timer cocked that plan up.

Well once the target has been registered for the previous shooter, as in the bird is either lost or killed, you are supposed to have 12 seconds to mount and call for your target which is rule 9.7.3(a) but I generally don't see that enforced anywhere except for ISSF events where you can and will get a time warning if you are deemed to take to long. They don't actively time everyone but if they feel someone is taking a bit long they will pull the stop watch out and time them for a few shots and if they are over will give them a warning followed by them losing targets for every other infraction thereafter. 

The delay between calling pull and the next mic going live shouldn't be all that much as usually the shot is all over and done with in under 2 seconds anyway.

I recon it took 8 seconds from pull to light coming on.The count must start from light coming on or you have already lost 6 seconds because the delay wont let you go any sooner.

Well meaning individuals often mistake the microphone delay switch for the microphone sound level and mess it up. Hence the level 8  :(

Latest posts

Back