beretta 692x trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a new one sat next to your old DT10 in a shop near you. 

Buy it and let us know how you get on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang on. Your right. I have a Gold E XTrap.

i thought you bought an X trap last year and got rid?

im confused with all these numbers/letters.

DT

ha yep I did but it was to low and could not bring myself to chop it up.

quite fancy a new fangled 692x for the stable, yes I know its adjustable and multi but as you cant get fixed anything these days...hey ho ?

The adjustable cheek piece looks like a piece of 3"x 2", its huge. I sometimes wonder what manufacturers are thinking about when they give the thumbs up on some guns :wacko:

What were they thinking indeed. Like the sh*te ejection system on the 692 the cause of many a gun having to go back to GMK. Who wants to turns their ejectors off anyway? (Besides Americans who have a special relationship with their empties)

not a fan then max ?

I must admit its very utilitarian BUT coming soon to a clay ground near you ?

What were they thinking indeed. Like the sh*te ejection system on the 692 the cause of many a gun having to go back to GMK. Who wants to turns their ejectors off anyway? (Besides Americans who have a special relationship with their empties)
all or most trap shooters want to turn them off as its been twenty odd years since we ejected, now we place em nicely in a bin ?

If that's what Trap shooters wish to do then fine but still no flamin' need for it on Sporter or Skeet models! Eject, catch and place them nicely in a bin, works for me!

true, its worked for me for thirty years ?

innovation that's what it is ?

A guy at my club has a standard 692 for which he had a custom stock made. He has shot it for a few years now but he decided to fit a high rib to it as he has neck issues. He bought a magnetic 50mm high rib for it and it is almost impossible to see that it is not a standard fit rib... mind you, you need a lot of height adjustment in the comb of your stock to use a rib that high but they do come in different heights, it was made somewhere in Italy.

ha yep I did but it was to low and could not bring myself to chop it up.

quite fancy a new fangled 692x for the stable, yes I know its adjustable and multi but as you cant get fixed anything these days...hey ho ?
Ye Gods!!!!!  I've heard it all now............"ips does adjustable/multi choke guns"......whatever is the world coming to?  I'm dreading next year, it is sure to be...."ips does flippin auto's!!!   :eek: :lol:  

ips does gun review part 1

quality of build compared to other relatively new Beretta is surprisingly good. Wood to metal fit appears to be perfect action and barrell finish is excellent, woodwork is dry as usual but nice grain and well chequered. The new comb adjusting system is an improvement on the horrible plastic affair of recent guns and adjustment is easy and precise using the provided spacers. Trigger pulls for this price level are very very good, no creep and very crisp I would estimate pulls to be around 4lb ish.

shooting wise, it is very light with 1320g barrells therefore it feels quite lively. The recoil is virtually none existent with no percieved muzzle flip. Recoil is so low it will not operate the inertia for second barrell with 24g loads but as I personally intend to use it only for DTL this is no matter however if it became an issue my smith can fettle it for twenty quid so not worth returning it to gmk.

early days yet so I will provide a full report in a few weeks regarding how it performs in comp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back