London Area Shooting Groups

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jham

Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,

I recently posted in the introduction section with a little about myself and what I was looking for, but I thought it this area of the forum would also be worth posting something.

I had been shooting every two weeks for 1.5 years until late 2013. 2.5 years ago I moved to Woking, for a year I did a little shooting at Bisley every few months, a year ago I moved to central London and haven't been able to shoot since.

I'm wanting to get back into shooting regularly, and I am looking for either a "straw bale shoot" in the surrounding area, or a group who go to a shooting ground regularly and would be interested in another gun to join.

Currently the closed candidate to me would be: Star Gun Club which is an hour drive.

Currently the closed candidate to me would be: Star Gun Club which is an hour drive.
I was a member of the Star gun club for years. Its a good club but with one major issue which is why I left.

The whole place is covered in dog sh*t. The car park the fields. They allow dog walkers to use it during the week so you can imagine the mess.

When you open your car door do look down first and yes you will see dog sh*t.

Years ago this club ranked along side the best, even had awaiting list to join, now its a stroll around have a chat take as long as you like in the stand card system is what ever it appears to be on the day with large groups going around giving instruction taking forever. 10 stands.

Great if you want that, such a shame to know what it was like then and what its like now. It could be great again but those running it really haven't got a clue.

Thanks for your reply guys!

I was a member of the Star gun club for years. Its a good club but with one major issue which is why I left.

The whole place is covered in dog sh*t. The car park the fields. They allow dog walkers to use it during the week so you can imagine the mess.

When you open your car door do look down first and yes you will see dog sh*t.

Years ago this club ranked along side the best, even had awaiting list to join, now its a stroll around have a chat take as long as you like in the stand card system is what ever it appears to be on the day with large groups going around giving instruction taking forever. 10 stands.

Great if you want that, such a shame to know what it was like then and what its like now. It could be great again but those running it really haven't got a clue.
That is most disappointing to hear, from the browsing I have done on their website it doesn't look like anything has been updated in a long time...

Considering there is so little around here, there is such a chance for it to be something great.

Where do you shoot since you left?

Would have to agree with the Chubbster AC Sporting Target should do the job.
I have a look on their website, there is a lot of information about lessons and the facilities but nothing about organised shoots.

I have pinged them an email, but in the mean time, do you know if they have a league there or an organised shoot on a weekend.

I currently don't have anyone to shoot with so a pay and play isn't really what I am looking for. 

Thanks!

Jham

Thanks for your reply guys!

That is most disappointing to hear, from the browsing I have done on their website it doesn't look like anything has been updated in a long time...

Considering there is so little around here, there is such a chance for it to be something great.

Where do you shoot since you left?

I have a look on their website, there is a lot of information about lessons and the facilities but nothing about organised shoots.

I have pinged them an email, but in the mean time, do you know if they have a league there or an organised shoot on a weekend.

I currently don't have anyone to shoot with so a pay and play isn't really what I am looking for. 

Thanks!

Jham
They do not do registered or league shoots.  It is a club at which individuals practise their disciplines or just have fun shooting .  If you want organised shoots at weekends then you need to go further afield and look at the CPSA fixtures lists which shows whats going on and where.  You can also use that website to look at different clubs etc in different parts of the country.  I think I wrote somewhere else for you that I had been to Star Gun club within the last year - I wouldn't go all the time its just not exciting enough for me but I don't recall the dog poo Rosso remembers.  

They do not do registered or league shoots.  It is a club at which individuals practise their disciplines or just have fun shooting .  If you want organised shoots at weekends then you need to go further afield and look at the CPSA fixtures lists which shows whats going on and where.  You can also use that website to look at different clubs etc in different parts of the country.  I think I wrote somewhere else for you that I had been to Star Gun club within the last year - I wouldn't go all the time its just not exciting enough for me but I don't recall the dog poo Rosso remembers.  
Ok, Thanks.

I have been on CPSA and had a look at all the registered ground around my area, created a little short list of possibilities.

I left about three years ago then went back once about 18 months ago and but was the same.

they used to shoot 12 -14 stands regularly and a 5 stand pool shoot. With top notch open shoots. But as traps broke they  cut the stands down closed down the pool shoot, members left, income went down, dog walkers allowed place covered in mess. No investment as no money. It goes on.

I left about three years ago then went back once about 18 months ago and but was the same.

they used to shoot 12 -14 stands regularly and a 5 stand pool shoot. With top notch open shoots. But as traps broke they  cut the stands down closed down the pool shoot, members left, income went down, dog walkers allowed place covered in mess. No investment as no money. It goes on.
I might drop them an email and see what they describe as the "state of play"

The only way you'll find out is to turn up and give it a go.  Not the end of the world if it's crap and at least you'll know not to bother again.

The only way you'll find out is to turn up and give it a go.  Not the end of the world if it's crap and at least you'll know not to bother again.
True.

Need to sort out paying to have my gun stored in London, was thinking of joining London Shooting Club which includes gun storage withing the M25, just need to find out where it would actually be, anyone had any experience with them?

Latest posts

Back