UTtely gUTted

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

Shot the UT selection shoot at Beverley on Sunday and while I posted a new PB of 179 ex 200 I was absolutely gutted not to have broken my target of a 180+, especially after posting a 93 on Saturday. Also gutted that I was not able to convert one 24 into a 25. Three of the buggers on Saturday. Sunday best was a 23 followed by a 22, 20 and 21.

Saturday was mostly sunny and the targets were lit up like beacons. Sunday was a bit dull and overcast with a slight breeze and the targets less easy to see but not bad.

Just cannot seem to stick two good days together. Very annoying. I tried my best to focus on the next target only but those 'possible score' gremlins keep finding a way in  :angry:

Got a 3rd in class (missed a 1st by two bloody targets) but still not enough to keep me there to pick up the envelope. Harry had a miserable weekend as well so the drive home was a delight...not!

C layout is now the boogie layout at Bev :mad:

Ho hum. Nutty next. Hopefully I will have my prescription Randolph's from Ed by then so at least I will be able to see the bloody targets sail into the distance properly!!

DT

Greg if I had carded a 179 ex 200 I would be well chuffed to be honest. I am not shooting very well at the moment but even if I was shooting well 179 would be a good, no very good, score for me!

Bit of a bugger that Greg, I was doing ok on Sat until the top barrel went bye bye, put a possible 93 down to an 87, then spent a long time that evening stripping and re building the gun.  Sunday I spent most of the first line thinking about getting a click instead of bang, then had to work hard to get it back.... finished on 171... should have been better, will have some more new pins in for next time, made by me instead of some yanki ones......

Greg if I had carded a 179 ex 200 I would be well chuffed to be honest. I am not shooting very well at the moment but even if I was shooting well 179 would be a good, no very good, score for me!
Absolutely!

Greg, if you want some sympathy you'll have to find something else to whine about   :cry:

Being able to see could be a + tho

Absolutely!

Greg, if you want some sympathy you'll have to find something else to whine about   :cry:

Being able to see could be a + tho
Ha! Sorry about the whinge guys. Not a bad score I know and I am pleased about a new PB but it could have and should have been a whole lot better. And that's the bit that grates.

As for seeing the targets properly I currently see a blurred disc rather than a nice crisp target. Hopefully a prescription pair of glasses will resolve that one. No excuses then!

DT

"but it could have and should have been a whole lot better. And that's the bit that grates."

Greg I say the same thing after nearly every round I shoot excepting the odd "vingt cinq" and I have only shot four of those to date :)

It gets worse! Turns out Harry was joint second in the juniors but as we left before the end he missed the shoot-off for second place so picked up a bronze instead of a possible silver. Ooopps :unsure:

DT

It gets worse! Turns out Harry was joint second in the juniors but as we left before the end he missed the shoot-off for second place so picked up a bronze instead of a possible silver. Ooopps :unsure:

DT
And who's idea was it to leave before the end I wonder?????  

Guilty as charged m'lord :oops:  

He was just pleased to have not been beaten by a 12 year old shooting her first UT comp. But in the end he was :)

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Guilty as charged m'lord :oops:  

He was just pleased to have not been beaten by a 12 year old shooting her first UT comp. But in the end he was :)

DT
Well I bet you're about as popular as a fart in a space suit!    :lol:

not over till the..... Sings.

Note how pc I was there :)

As an aside, it was a miserable turn out by the juniors. Only three of the beggers turned up! And one of those was 12 year old !! She shot it well though...beat harry :)

Me thinks they have been seduced by the darkside (OT). As it stands Harry is the only junior who has shot the last three selection shoots !!

UT is turning into an old mans game (if it wasn't already?)

DT

It could have been worse...there's only one winner in a shootoff with a 12 year old girl.

DT

UT has always been old mans ABT. Prob suit me now that I am rapidly approaching old duffer status :)

I think it would be helpful to see the "..............." list so as to avoid those non-PC slips.
I couldn't possibly fill in the ......... I like all women and all body shapes, I believe that inner beauty is far more attractive than percieved external beauty which is predominantly driven by the current media ideal.

I haven't had much success with women ... Cough. ;)

Back