Lazy mans trap?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les53

Mmmm......found this on an American Trap shooting forum, maybe it's quite normal in the USA!  I wonder if it could catch on over here?  :D

"Hello:This past winter I went shooting with a wooden stool that I use. The stool is at a good height and comfortable. One problem though, here with our Wisconsin winters I felt the stool was slipping once in awhile when I shot.Anyone have any ideas what I could use on the bottom of the legs of the stool to stop slippage while I shoot on ice and snow? It's not a big problem just wondering if there are any ideas out there? "

YOUR SORT OFF SHOOTING MATE.    YOU COULD SIT AT THE BAR AND SHOOT OUT THE WINDOW. .
Yep, good idea Gaz.............just need to find a trap layout with a bar, or a bar with a trap layout!  :lol:

That'd be OK if I could find a reliable peasant to carry the stool.  Or maybe the stool-carrying equivalent of a 'brolly girl!!

"Anyone have any ideas what I could use on the bottom of the legs of the stool to stop slippage while I shoot on ice and snow? It's not a big problem just wondering if there are any ideas out there?"

Try looking at websites for walking sticks.  Over here they are sold with spare foot rubbers but also clamp on 3 point "cramphorns" to stop them slipping away from you in snow and ice.  I believe that you can buy them separately i.e. without the stick.

That'd be OK if I could find a reliable peasant to carry the stool.  Or maybe the stool-carrying equivalent of a 'brolly girl!!
Ah....perhaps a sedan chair Charlie, then have a peasant on each corner, no need to walk at all then!

may be a bit far Wes! Do they have a bar on the layout then? Sounds like my kinda place!?
I have not been there for many years, but there was a bar in the 'lounge'. Was a lovely place to shoot though. ips could be the Guy to answer the question, I believe he has been there recently ?

I have not been there for many years, but there was a bar in the 'lounge'. Was a lovely place to shoot though. ips could be the Guy to answer the question, I believe he has been there recently ?
I'm sure he will know if there's still a bar there ! He likes a single malt....or six! ??

I have shot sat down in a shoot run by the BASC, it,s not easy it was on a straw bail funny you need your legs and stance more than you think !

I guess disabled shooters do have to make big adjustments !

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a bar in the clubhouse at cloudside,i have asked for brolly dollies many times but apparently this would increase cost per round by a lot.

A able bodied shooter from a stool with his feet up off the floor would be nearly as handicaped as a wheelchair bound shooter but a able bobied shooter sat with his feet on the floor can still influence the shot through his legs .

I'm sure he will know if there's still a bar there ! He likes a single malt....or six! ??
Rumour has it he is stocking up at source as we speak !

I have shot sat down in a shoot run by the BASC, it,s not easy it was on a straw bail funny you need your legs and stance more than you think !

I guess disabled shooters do have to make big adjustments !
I think that I shot the same layout, if it was a BASC run clay shoot. I straighted the stand because I shoot most of my pigeons from a sitting position. I used to practice by shooting skeet sitting down. It is all about body position in relation to the target direction. I still shoot pigeons from a sitting position and derive a lot of pleasure from my reasonable success rate.

Latest posts

Back