Nutty

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is that a squad list cos I cant find it

https://m.facebook.com/Nuthampstead-Shooting-Ground-201643773202947/#!/201643773202947/photos/pcb.1132481286785853/1132481196785862/?type=3&source=48

18 squads looks like you are going  to have to get good at playing cards or reading books zzzzzzzzzzz,great way to put off anyone new to the game.
So Paul, what would you prefer for a GB and England selection shoot half a dozen squads?

I think anyone new to the game would do well to shoot registered first before launching themselves in the deep end at such a shoot.

I remember the days when every OT, UT and ABT selection shoot was maxed out and that's how it should be.

Why not  split squads to morning and afternoon rotations ?more entrys are great if they can be handled.

have to agree with Phil. I too remember 200 plus entries at abt majors being the normal. No one wants to shoot majors and selection shoots that are poorly attended. 18 squads is only just above normal over recent years and only because hi is at home.

English open bywel weekend and kriegof dtl shoots have 400 plus and you shoot one miss one straight through, no reffing either. Job done. Much better atmosphere than ot or abt, only downside is you need a 300 to even get in the shoot off.

exactly Paul.

dtl grounds know how to run a shoot. And they don't expect paying customers to do there job .... Reffing.

Slightly off track but are you going up to Bywell this year Ian ? 

English open bywel weekend and kriegof dtl shoots have 400 plus and you shoot one miss one straight through, no reffing either. Job done. Much better atmosphere than ot or abt, only downside is you need a 300 to even get in the shoot off.
It's actually 23 squads when you include the ladies. If you can show me a ground with 15 OT layouts I'm sure they could get through entry much quicker. 

If they really want to speed things up they should have the ladies selection on a separate day. They (the ladies) are tieing up a layout all day on Saturday so the men have have only three layouts available. Sunday it gets worse because all the men have to go through two layouts only ( so everyone shoots the same 5 layouts). It was the same last year. Seem to recall 3 to 3.5 hours between rounds. Bigger entry this year as well. 

I also don't think it's right that the ladies shoot all their targets on one layout.

Brook Bank will be even worse as they only have two layouts!!

DT 

It's actually 23 squads when you include the ladies. If you can show me a ground with 15 OT layouts I'm sure they could get through entry much quicker. 

If they really want to speed things up they should have the ladies selection on a separate day. They (the ladies) are tieing up a layout all day on Saturday so the men have have only three layouts available. Sunday it gets worse because all the men have to go through two layouts only ( so everyone shoots the same 5 layouts). It was the same last year. Seem to recall 3 to 3.5 hours between rounds. Bigger entry this year as well. 

I also don't think it's right that the ladies shoot all their targets on one layout.

Brook Bank will be even worse as they only have two layouts!!

DT 
We could vote to have the selections at Lonato, I know its only 12 layouts but lets not be too picky.........

Ian, you cant compare DTL squad timings to OT, one shooter less for starters, as well as most people use the 12 seconds on OT, whereas 90% of DTL shooters are in and bang within about 5 seconds of previous shot,  A DTL shoot is planned on 15 minute squad times, wheras OT is around 25 minutes.    Only way to speed it up is go down the route of, as the squad before you start, you should be sat on the bench behind the layout and be on and ready to roll as soon as the others finish, no waiting for stragglers, 3 calls in 1 minute and start without them as in Italy....   At Lonato a typical Saturday 75 birder has around 200 entries, and usually done within an hour and a half two at max, as they split morning and afternoon sessions....

To be honest, I've often wondered why we need selection shoots at all. Wouldn't it just be simpler to pick teams via the cpsa averages/rankings? It would also remove the need for people to travel often huge distances too. Just a thought, I will put my tin hat on now!

very true Andy, you are correct you cannot compare however dtl shoots do seem to be run more efficiently in general.

very true Andy, you are correct you cannot compare however dtl shoots do seem to be run more efficiently in general.
What's the reason for dtl shoots being run more efficiently Ian?

Latest posts

Back