footwear

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwpzx9r

Ok what is the favourite footwear for trapshooters. Might find this a daft question but I find it difficult to get comfortable footwear. I have tried lightweight walking shoes and trainers but have been disappointed with the comfort level provided.

Whilst I might shoot a trap shotgun I don't shoot trap but find that trainer style walking shoes work well for me as they are comfortable and give the required support.  I am currently very liking a pair of Meindl walking trainers.

I do believe people hardly buy footwear that fit properly as they like the logo on the side instead.

I have various boots that i wear, but the most comfortable are a pair of green beretta's (fabric with waterproof lining). These are on 12hrs+ a day when worn.

For me it has to be flat - rather stiff sole, that offers good steady contact with the ground. Lightweight runners, outdoors and other stuff that offer comfort when walking or running doesn't work for me -  wobbly feeling - bad platform to work anything upon.

I wear Courteney Safari Boots. Those have been around the world with me and are worn all day through - they are on their second soles since 2007 by now.

Old fashioned tennis shoes from 80's would do as well - for me.

SC3004250807_FRONT.jpg

II use these, built in wedge at heel, Beretta trap shoes,   also have a pair of Oakley flat bottomed kart racing shoes, with custom moulded insoles, set for standing in the correct stance for shooting trap.

Salomon Sense Mantra with trainer tamers for extra comfort.

Current pair have two grey circles on the right toes!

resizeImage[7].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sporting - I have some trainer style hiking shoes, cheap from Mountain Warehouse - coupled with a merino hiking sock... they are very comfortable. 

Ultimately, I prefer to shoot in a Nike Air running shoe for the most comfort - but that needs to be at a shooting ground with hard standing everywhere, or in very dry/sunny weather. 

II use these, built in wedge at heel, Beretta trap shoes,   also have a pair of Oakley flat bottomed kart racing shoes, with custom moulded insoles, set for standing in the correct stance for shooting trap.
They make 'trap shooting shoes'?

where is that Christmas list?

DT

Not for me but these are well regarded. Adidas Powerlift II

B39760_01_standard.jpg

I have never seen anyone trapshooting in Wellington boots..

DT
This will probably put me at the TOP of a list, but I do not think it will be a 'Christmas List'.  If the 'Trap shooting shoes' are anything like the shoes 2 of our 'Top Trappies' were wearing at a recent sporting event, they were complaining  about "heels killing me"  and "cartridge bag going with these shoes". But I suppose if you have an Italian designer skeet vest, you need the shoes to match !     :p

DT
what worries me is not only do they make trap shooting shoes but some folk must actually buy them.

trap shooting shoes ...... Come on get real.

Well I always wear the same Merrell cross trainer type thingies. Had them for 9 years and still going strong. Being dark blue they don't show the soot marks on the right toe either. I shall wear them until they fall to pieces... or Christmas, which ever comes sooner :)

DT

If it's muddy I wear wellies, if cold boots, if dry brogues, I'd need written proof that trainers add at least 1 bird per round to even consider them. 

I do seem to recall that Beretta did make a wedged shaped soled shoe they labelled a 'Shooting Shoe' some years ago. It was "specially designed" to place the weight forward over the front foot, when shooting. I use a system that involves drinking a hell of a lot of pints and eating some excellent 'clubhouse' breakfasts, in order to achieve the same result !!!     :ahappy:

Anything that has a flat sole and is broad across the toe area is fine. I like Merrill's but principally because they're good quality rather than anything else.

John, perhaps you should look at whatever kind of footwear that is comfortable to you and try to discover what it is about it that makes it so.  Different brands of trainers are built on lasts that have different angles between the back and front parts of the foot and that makes a big difference.  For me the NewBalance 600 series seems to have the straightest line and def feel better to me than other brands.  They also make some wide enough to use for paddles.

I had a podiatrist recommend them to me, but a general quest might be productive looking at hiking and running sites.

besta luck

Back