150 FITASC in One day

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone entered and have space on a squad for a newbie?

How do I go about getting my vest lined?
We're shooting Sunday 1st May at 9.30 squad 25 and there still seem to be places on that squad if you want to join us.

As Matt said, however i don't wear a vest usually preferring to use a pouch, most refs know your gun is within regulation but could cause issues if you are a creeper.

Prepare to get your ass kicked!  If they are proper FITASC targets and run correctly you cannot shoot 150 FITASC targets in a day! You will be knackered before you have shot 100,

Maybe I shouldn't bother then? My main concern is putting the squad off with my crap shooting. I'm not too worried about missing and the duration but I don't want to be screwing up the other members of the squad and ruining their day/scores. 

The only FITASC I've shot is in France and at Barbury. Never too serious though. 

Do it..........enjoy it..........& report back :clover:

Maybe I shouldn't bother then? My main concern is putting the squad off with my crap shooting. I'm not too worried about missing and the duration but I don't want to be screwing up the other members of the squad and ruining their day/scores. 

The only FITASC I've shot is in France and at Barbury. Never too serious though. 
Don't worry about anyone else!  They will be focussing on their own shooting or should be so whatever you do should not matter one jot!

Well I've offered to shoot with you - you won't put us off.

To get a permanent line on clothing you are best to try a local embroidery firm (Many years ago there was a chap who attended the big shoots and did the work in his caravan). For now I would suggest use tippex for a contrasting line on your vest by putting it on, getting someone to put a strip of masking tape across the chest with the bottom of the tape 25cm below the axis of your shoulder, then put the tippex below this. The trouble with tape is that it can keep coming off which is a nuisance and distraction you will not need.

Hope you enjoy your day

Regards

Leigh

What a day. I came second to last. Never mind. Absolute honour to shoot in such a place. Fantastic ground, stunning targets and a very good squad. Shooting targets (more accurately shooting no where near the targets most of the time it seems) like those really identifies poor technique and habits. Couldn't have enjoyed Barn layout more 5 from 35. Not good. Thank you to the squad, organisers and staff. An incredible event. Far from being put off I am pretty determined to get back next year.

What a day. I came second to last. Never mind. Absolute honour to shoot in such a place. Fantastic ground, stunning targets and a very good squad. Shooting targets (more accurately shooting no where near the targets most of the time it seems) like those really identifies poor technique and habits. Couldn't have enjoyed Barn layout more 5 from 35. Not good. Thank you to the squad, organisers and staff. An incredible event. Far from being put off I am pretty determined to get back next year.
Keep trying and working Fitasc takes a fair old while to master. 

The barn was a tough one for sure. 

I can't tell you how many times I have come last or nearly last - that will change though in time so long as you enjoyed it that is what counts.  I really enjoyed it although some of those targets were beyond me but  had fun trying.

Was a great day out - really enjoyable shoot, and Meerkat, no shame in finding that a tough shoot.

You even managed to put up with some extreme humour in the process!

Back