1 year of shooting....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Pinnegar

Give or take a couple days I've now been shooting for a year so thought I would look back at my scores and see if there is any light at the end of the tunnel! 

I started off going along to local shoots which were a nice introduction and were testing but I was guided towards registered competition shooting by Paul (HardFocus) and that was the best suggestion I have received. Although he did invite me along to a 120 bird at Westfield as my first attempt at a competition. Thanks! I got a whopping 38% and a tired shoulder as I had only ever shot 50 bird rounds before then but I was hooked. Now, after about £800 of comp entry fees alone I am proud to say that I am......still in C class  :D

BUT... the scores are going up slightly over time so hopefully this time next year I will be in B class. (The image below makes no mention of my CPSA average which is mid 60's at the moment)

Snap 2016-03-28 at 17.38.21.png

It's been a highly enjoyable year and I have met some great people. Everyone is happy and chatty when out shooting which makes it incredibly accessible. Sites like this also really help as you get some really good insights and tips. Thank you to Matt for the site and thank you to those that I have met and have helped me out with some words of wisdom. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha. Another person who tracks their shooting scores.

2 years and 2 months. 30000 shells. 2 guns. C class to B class in 1st year and probably A class in June this year. 

I'd hate to even start to calculate the cost of entries, travel and coaching. 

Lets just say that flying is cheaper!

MrDoug, well welcome to the addiction that is clay shooting, won't offer any tip, will say as a fellow Glos boy that we are very lucky to be in an area that quite well served with "localish" grounds, do take advantage and get around, it's worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, perhaps just an adjustable comb, an Isis adjustable recoil pad and some retro fit extended, ported, wad stripping super chokes to be going on with ?

Bloody Hell TWO years with the same gun !  I would urge you to stop reading any more posts, it is obvious you are not ready for the Forum, just yet   :bye:  

Back