station six

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

well I am enjoying skeet but for some reason I am struggling with low six. Averaging 22s 23s so not to disappointed yet but low six is bugging me.

I know its hard cos you cant see me shoot at it BUT can anyone offer any advice on possible reasons and how to fix it.

its easily missed if you are holding in too tight and/or your barrels are to high. Check your hold point and muzzle height. Also make sure your head is firmly on the stock!

eyes just off barrels to right, move on flash.

if you continue to struggle ask your local coach to have a look see.

hope this helps!

Yeah as simon said. Hold point is key on low 6. Its hard to tell what the issue is without seeing it.

thanks guys most helpful, next time I will shoot 25 off 6 and play with hold point. Wathed baths and bender but both seem to have hugely different hold points and method so didn't help me much ?

there is no set hold point. Play with it see what suits you.

as there is no right or wrong. Find what works so you can replicate it.

just bear in mind your double so don't hold out too far as you'll make the second bird very hard!

good luck and have fun!

thanks Simon. Yrs from my experience there is no right and wrong way to shoot any discipline. I will have a play and work it out, I wont be beaten ?

oh forgot to say I am shooting gun down, I know gun up is probably more consistent but I have a dependable mount and I am a maverick ?

thanks guys most helpful, next time I will shoot 25 off 6 and play with hold point. Wathed baths and bender but both seem to have hugely different hold points and method so didn't help me much ?
My God this is more serious than we realised !..................................you have now developed a LISPTH too  !

sod off ?

watching batha and bender. There you go ?

Last edited by a moderator:
batha and bender ...........................is that a gay movie :unsure:

are you right handed?

assuming you are, 

if so, stand at the front right hand corner of the pad, belly button pointing towards the low house, hold the gun about 3/4 to 4/5ths of the way out from the house but put your eyes just in front of the half way point. call for the bird and mount almost shooting it as a going away bird but with barrels slightly to the left. start there and then bring your hold and eye point back about 5% until you start to miss then push it out the last 5%. lock that in and you're done :)

I find that most people struggle because they see it like a crosser, it beats the gun and they end up slashing through it and either shooting in front, or realising they have got to far in front and stopping the gun, meaning they miss behind

are you right handed?

assuming you are, 

if so, stand at the front right hand corner of the pad, belly button pointing towards the low house, hold the gun about 3/4 to 4/5ths of the way out from the house but put your eyes just in front of the half way point. call for the bird and mount almost shooting it as a going away bird but with barrels slightly to the left. start there and then bring your hold and eye point back about 5% until you start to miss then push it out the last 5%. lock that in and you're done :)

I find that most people struggle because they see it like a crosser, it beats the gun and they end up slashing through it and either shooting in front, or realising they have got to far in front and stopping the gun, meaning they miss behind
That's really helpful, I will do exactly as you say..... many thanks.

ps

yes right handed

That's really helpful, I will do exactly as you say..... many thanks.

ps

yes right handed
I guess you use the left hand at times Ian just for a change :lol:

no but the wife does ....... Just for a change ?

Back