Holding points - Remington way

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing that come into my head is how slow those targets are... the second thing is how small and unobtrusive that camera fitted to the gun is :)

I really do not think a FU or FO shooter can learn much from this video to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
He talks about follow through but I'll be buggered if I saw any??

Neat camera though.

DT

To be honest Greg I thought the guy was spot shooting the clays, the target is moving so slowly it just needs a bit of lead. I saw no follow through I the bit I watched.

haven't watched it but I assume its ATA which is US version of our single barrell. The hold points are used by some for DTL it is to favour the swing to the right (which is considered to be the least natural side for a right handed to move). But mainly to aid target aquisition by the eye not impeded by the barrel.

ATA is a slow target relatively easy to hit so very little gun movement required and little if any lead or swing through either. Its about consistency and high scores same as our DTL so the techniques used are very different Imo to fast trap. The hold points are very close to the way our very own john Stafford shot DTL in as much as on peg five he would hold very far out to the right by comparison to most, I often wondered if he made this up or copied ATA or was a certain UK shooter, DTL coach and ATA shooter (DB) the one who gave this idea to him. Anyway I digress, nothing wrong with those hold points if it works for you.

I got to 14 minutes before getting brain fade and that's with fast forwarding most of it  :lol: , decent effort for the era to be fair and fair play for being able to move a 30 lbs gun camera  :eek:  but shoot a hundred of these, who does that ? 

the yanks that's who. The grand American I think its called is the biggy , the shoot offs for those with hundred straight take longer than the actual comp, apparently ?

the yanks that's who. The grand American I think its called is the biggy , the shoot offs for those with hundred straight take longer than the actual comp, apparently ?
Yeah I heard that too! ?

you wouldn't believe ...........................................

ATA trap ........................ OK, I'm not gonna get started on this and ruin my day

Say whatever you like about it and you still ain't even gonna be close

you wouldn't believe ...........................................

ATA trap ........................ OK, I'm not gonna get started on this and ruin my day

Say whatever you like about it and you still ain't even gonna be close
Funnily enough I have been dipping into Trapshooters.com a little recently and they sure are a strange bunch. They use strange guns with only one barrel called 'unsingles' made by strange companies called Ljutic ?

They shoot 32 gram cartridges at DTL speed targets and then moan about recoil?

They have a very strange 'failure to fire' rule on which nobody seems to be able to agree but essentially if your gun does not go off for what ever reason the ref doesn't need to verify the FTF. Apparently they used to have to verify a FTF but on safety grounds they changed it? Now they just trust he shooter?

They also allow a 'fail to fire' if the shooter 'flinches' at the point the bird is released. So if you get a target you don't like you can just not pull the trigger and claim a FTF. Only two allowed per round though.

Oh and they have the same opinion about their NGB as we do about ours.

As I said, all very strange but most interesting at the same time.

DT

Funnily enough I have been dipping into Trapshooters.com a little recently and they sure are a strange bunch. They use strange guns with only one barrel called 'unsingles' made by strange companies called Ljutic ?

They shoot 32 gram cartridges at DTL speed targets and then moan about recoil?

They have a very strange 'failure to fire' rule on which nobody seems to be able to agree but essentially if your gun does not go off for what ever reason the ref doesn't need to verify the FTF. Apparently they used to have to verify a FTF but on safety grounds they changed it? Now they just trust he shooter?

They also allow a 'fail to fire' if the shooter 'flinches' at the point the bird is released. So if you get a target you don't like you can just not pull the trigger and claim a FTF. Only two allowed per round though.

Oh and they have the same opinion about their NGB as we do about ours.

As I said, all very strange but most interesting at the same time.

DT
Greg, give it a while and we will have............."ips does ATA".....?

Look up the ATA grand American Website. The numbers are impressive. It's held on a Trap ground with 120 layouts spread over 3 and a bit and miles long snd around 6000 shoot it. 

its impressive. I have spoken to people who have shot it and all report that its a fabulous event and the sheer size is staggering.

The 'unsingle' is our over and under I think Greg. 
i think the unsingle refers to a single barell set up that fits an ou action, a sort of one barrel and one dummy barell were the block meets the action. I think

yes, but with top tube removed and bloody great ladder put in its place!?
posts crossed les. ?

i think the unsingle refers to a single barell set up that fits an ou action, a sort of one barrel and one dummy barell were the block meets the action. I think

posts crossed les. ?
Have a look at trapshooters.com Ian, Greg and I are on there! ?

Latest posts

Back