B&P Baschieri & Pellagri Sporting & Compak

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeShot

Guys just to keep you entertained - some more exotics.

Today I was shooting in Porpetto in Italy. 3 Olympic skeet and 5 combined OT, DT, Compak Layouts, and 1 Parcours - nice ground...more importantly as a rule those Italian grounds usually have a good and above all - low priced ammunition for those that come to shoot to sale. Cheddite, Bornaghi, RC, Clever are usually there but one never knows what awaits you at the moment of your visit.

However - today as I peeked into store they had som B&P alias Baschieri & Pellagri on display. B&P never caught my eye - usually quite expensive and "overly posh" with Gordon System...not my "cuppa"...since I didn't find anything "better" I opted for a couple boxes of those Sporting Compak ones - as I figured it out later - their T2 type Sporting Compak range in 28g only is divided into 3 categories - short, medium and long range cartridge - just to make it clear - don't be fooled - are all the same the only difference is the size of the shot - short #9 (2.0mm) , medium #8 1/2 (2.2mm) and long # 7 1/2 (2.4mm).

Picked medium distance - 2.2mm ones and used them over 2 Compak layouts and for 1st shot on OT range. Great stuff - Hull PRO series comes to mi mind if I had to compare them to anyting. Smooth, clean and confident  - having the club price in mind (46 EUR ~ 36 GBP for 250) just what I was looking for - having a long range well covered with Hull Parcours, those (for the price like that) might become my backbone cartridge for the time being. I am still surprised on effective range of 2.2mm shot...if you happen to stumble upon one of those give them a try.

2016-03-04 21.47.28.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And the patterns - L Teague 3/8 at 20m, R Teague 5/8 at 40m - sorry bit short on paper so only 25" this time:

2016-03-11 17.16.20.jpg

They're both good patterns, would have been interesting to see them the other way round as well.  :)

Don't make much difference - either way - although choke difference between 3/8 (0.015) and 5/8 (0.025) the best I'd describe them as loose and tight halves - I don't even bother to swap between them for different presentations. What I do find interesting is that 0.025 is the tightest worth to choose in MK70 and #8-6.5 shot size (24 or 28g)...only cartridge that gains anything so far through 7/8 (0.035) is 24g Hull Intercomp HV.

Don't make much difference - either way - although choke difference between 3/8 (0.015) and 5/8 (0.025) the best I'd describe them as loose and tight halves - I don't even bother to swap between them for different presentations. What I do find interesting is that 0.025 is the tightest worth to choose in MK70 and #8-6.5 shot size (24 or 28g)...only cartridge that gains anything so far through 7/8 (0.035) is 24g Hull Intercomp HV.
I meant seeing the 5/8 at 20m and the 3/8 at 40, surely there has to be a difference ? 

See for yourself - side by side L 3/8 R 5/8 - at 20 and 40m - this is Hull Superfast, I don't have targets of B&P since I stoped doing it some time ago - results are pretty similar regardles the cartridge - most of the times 3/8 pattern are better while 5/8 wins on pellet count - tho just slightly - 28g at 40m app 10-20 pellets more, that is marginal in my oppinion.

2016-03-11 22.03.09.jpg

2016-03-11 22.01.41.jpg

Are you saying that at 20 yards there is no real difference between 3/8 & 5/8 ? Regardless of cartridge used there should be a very obvious density difference ! 

Swap them around maybe one of your barrels is bored tighter knocking some constriction off the choke

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Are you saying that at 20 yards there is no real difference between 3/8 & 5/8 ? Regardless of cartridge used there should be a very obvious density difference !
That is my observation. There is a difference but not very obvious - as I've said +10-20 pellets at 40m inside 30". On patterns - 3/8 spreads more evenly, while 5/8 is clustering them slightly.

Swap them around maybe one of your barrels is bored tighter knocking some constriction off the choke
While I am quite in peace with the way things are (I finally got over the need for different chokes) I might do that.

Ok guys - just a wrap up - I have shot a Central League (Game Trench Trap)  this spring, using the mentioned shell in 1st barrel and Hull's Parcour in the 2nd.

All in all during 4 competition I scored 94 ex 100 - was 3 clays down prior the last comp and 97 was in sight but...anyway it was my best registered score in Game Trench so far and shells did their part...next I will give Hull Intercomp HV a go.

Back