682 Gold E any problems

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick_c

Evening.

I will be looking for a new to me gun tomorrow, a 682 Gold E has caught my eye, anyone know of anything I should look out for on this model? 

dealer seemed a little vague on the phone.

Cheer's, Nick.

Evening.

I will be looking for a new to me gun tomorrow, a 682 Gold E has caught my eye, anyone know of anything I should look out for on this model? 

Cheer's, Nick.
Hamster is your man for this. I've been looking at the same model and he has given me excellent advice.

Thank you for the replies.

I nearly bought one 6 years ago, looking back I probably should have, but I knew nothing about shotguns back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had one once And never again but probably just me as dont like beretta, I just hated it !!! Rather my 20 bore silver pigeon. Up there with the worse gun I have ever shot but know people that think there best thing since sliced bread. All personal opinion, if you pick it and think I could shoot that you are half way there

I have two and essentially they have no teething weaknesses. Yes it is true the fore end screw can work loose but easily cured with Loctite, also true the barrel selector can accidentally flip across as you brush the lever but this only affects some hands and again easily cured by either being aware or gently filing down the serrated top of the button. 

The important thing is that it's an affordable high volume gun, the bits that matter don't seem to fail too frequently, between these two and another 682 gun which I owned, none have ever needed a firing pin, FTF's are extremely rare and the ejectors are easily removable and I've never had to replace the springs either ! I also briefly owned a high rib version which was utterly fault free.

Bought in 2000 the first gun needed a new spindle after about 100k but I've not known of any others needing this so suspect it's my strict not oiling regime  :blink:  of this area that's responsible, it was around 150k that I fitted a disc to tighten things up and a U bolt brought the lever from central back to a healthy right hand angle. The older gun feels more tight and shuts with a sturdier clunk so you know any new parts really DO transform the gun back to awesomeness. 

They have lightish barrels compared to most other guns so handling seems to be neutral and they don't need weight in the stock so you need to make sure the one you buy is heavy enough for your requirements, the ribs are fantastically well made and don't work loose, the whole gun being chromed is rust free and easy to maintain, the trigger position is adjustable as well but the pull quality isn't in the same league as a £6k+ gun oddly enough. I've lived with mine as they are but had the original 682 fettled and lightened to 3 lbs and that's a cheap enough expense if you feel the need.  

Expect to get one for around £1300-£1700 but be prepared to lose at least £200 after eight or nine years. 

Evening.

Cheer's, Nic
Jonskeet2 has a great gun for sale send him a message  

Should have a selection of chokes, a blue, a red, a yellow & a green.

Grat workhorse for clay shooting......i have 2 !!

cheers all, great info.

Looking for one with an adjustable stock, multi choke, preferably 32 barrels.

Check the screw which holds the trigger blade in place, I know of two guns where the screw has fallen out.

I don't think you'll find anyone who has or had one not having another.
Had one worst gun I ever owned would definatly not have another.

had two and two gold and one 680 and two 686 and one 687 never had any problems other than ejector timing oh and the inertia issue with current 687

had 3 gold E's. Two are still here and the third had an intermittent problem with  recocking, Now swapped  for another Beretta by the suppying gunshop.

The trigger design is common to quite a number of different Beretta guns, including some SxS.  They are to my experience at the too heavy end of the pull weight scale and I usually don't mind heavy triggers.   I have yet to see one that did not benefit mightily from some trigger work.

JMO of course - - - - YMMV

Latest posts

Back