malaga GP

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

anyone able to give a shoot report incl interim results

Arrived this afternoon and had a couple of practice rounds (19 and 22). A bit windy today which is making it a little chilly and the wind is affecting the targets as they fly over the balconies.

Lots of Brits here, including a few Team GB members (and coach!) and quite a few Welsh, Scots and Irish team members as well. Must be some kind of warm weather training camp thing going on? Lots of us also ran Brits here as well. Oh and my bezzie mate David Kostelecky is here as well  :)

Jarapalo is a fabulous, tradition facility with a wonderful clubhouse reflecting its live pigeon shooting origins. Must have cost quite a bit when it was first built? Nothing like it in the UK (that I have been to anyway). 

The five trap layouts are beautifully maintained and are arranged as a series of 'balconies' whereby the the layouts are perfectly flat for for 30 yards or so the just disappear off the edge into the massive, wide valley below (think infinity pool and you'll get the idea). Lord only knows how they measure target distances? 

Will take some more pictures tomorrow but here is one to be going on with

DT

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
not many world class names in there !!!!

How very dare you!!  :p

Nice a sunny for most of today but bloody chilly this morning before the sun came over the mountains  :brr:

Straights are pretty rare (based on the amount of clapping I have heard) but there have been some. Nice to see some Brits up at the sharp end :)  just wish it was me and the boy :(

Challenging light conditions as demonstrated in the image of the boy below. Immediate for ground in shade but distance brightly lit!

few more images to follow as individual posts due to file sizes.

DT

image.jpg

Looks like Degla without the sheep.

Just seen the results.. Well done Keith K. Up there with the Pro shots. 

young Katie shot very well indeed so well done to her

Good shoot for Harry Sinclair his first round sort of tripped him up a bit but still nice to see him do well. Now am I just missing something or plain don't understand how the guy with the highest score is third ?

well that's the shoot off format for you john tis cruel at times

well that's the shoot off format for you john tis cruel at times
Ah I see but I was under the impression it was a 125 target competition. So it was a 125 target comp with a final... just they did not publish the final round results.

correct, most if not all ot comps (other than a cpsa sun reg job) are run on issf format ie a six man final.

Gotcha Ian don't like the format but we have been there before and will leave it at that :)

Latest posts

Back