shooting glasses for trap...?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Can anyone recommend any good shooting glasses for trap, i guess something that has a brow that doesnt block vision, can fit blinkers to and doesnt cost an arm and a leg...?

So far i've only seen the hidefspex/pillar ones?

Does anyone have any they recommend?

thanks in advance.

I just use the glasses I need for everyday use, do you need prescription glasses?? Or are you tooling up to be a tart shooter.

To go clay shooting you just need a gun, some carts and get stuck in.

i dont need perscription glasses. I'm just aware many grounds round here require them to be worn for HASAW. When i shot at SW2000 last week i struggled with my oakleys to pick up the bird between the grass and then bright sky, lenses suited one or other and not both backgrounds. hence the question.

You still need to try the Oakley G26 lens I recommended previously. It really makes the orange of the target 'pop', against any backdrop!

Surely that's more important than blinkers?

Give them a go!

i dont need perscription glasses. I'm just aware many grounds round here require them to be worn for HASAW. When i shot at SW2000 last week i struggled with my oakleys to pick up the bird between the grass and then bright sky, lenses suited one or other and not both backgrounds. hence the question.
Then just use clear safety glasses, those coloured things are just gimmicks, if you can shoot you don't need gimmicks. :wink:

i need all the help i can get!
You just need to get out there and shoot, forget all the silly gimmicks, forget about chokes, forget about what carts to use, forget about barrel length and all the rest of the crap you've been going on about, and just shoot.

You just need to get out there and shoot, forget all the silly gimmicks, forget about chokes, forget about what carts to use, forget about barrel length and all the rest of the crap you've been going on about, and just shoot.
sorry, my mistake for trying to understand and improve! I know there is no substitute for practice but helps to avoid basic mistakes too.

sorry, my mistake for trying to understand and improve! I know there is no substitute for practice but helps to avoid basic mistakes too.
I think you know a little more than you're cracking on. ^_^

You also need glasses to shoot registered competition as per the rules of the CPSA

From experience I know SW2k, no glasses..... NO SHOOT! Comp or practice!

Randolph Ranger Glasses, Kevin Gill imports them. Clear field of view, used to come with blinkers so probably still do. Plenty of colours to choose from and not silly money

From experience I know SW2k, no glasses..... NO SHOOT! Comp or practice!

Randolph Ranger Glasses, Kevin Gill imports them. Clear field of view, used to come with blinkers so probably still do. Plenty of colours to choose from and not silly money
thank you.

Back