Churchill challenge 2016. Starts Jan 8th to end of March

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Churchill Challenge Rules
We are delighted to announce the return of the Churchill Challenge in 2016!
This popular 100 English Sporting competition will start on Friday 8th January 2016, running until Saturday 26th March 2016.

Every entry into the competition will automatically enter you into a prize draw to win a 12 bore over and under shotgun!

A cash prize of £400 will be awarded to the High Gun, and cash prizes will also be awarded to the High Gun Runner Up and 1st, 2nd & 3rd places in AA, A, B & C and High Gun Lady and Junior categories.

Entry costs £42. Bookings must be made in advance – please call 01494 883227 or email [email protected].

You can enter as many times as you like throughout the competition and each entry gives you a raffle ticket for the chance to win the gun!

1. 100 targets shot over 12 stands incorporating a 20 bird sequence

2. Only pre-booked entries Monday to Saturday from Friday 8th January 2016 until 26th March 2016 inclusive

3. Entry fee of £42.00 per person

(Edited prizes list as format screwed page up)

5. Every entry automatically enters each competitor into a prize draw to win a 12 bore over and under shotgun. This prize will be drawn on the final day of the competition. The winner must have a valid shotgun certificate in order to be able to receive the prize. In the event that the drawn winner does not have a shotgun certificate, another winner will be drawn.

6. Non-CPSA members will be classified for the purposes of the Churchill Challenge Competition only. Their classification will be calculated from the individuals score over 50 pre-determined targets

7. If non-CPSA member shoots the competition three or more times their classification will be determined from their average score over their first three shoots

8. Only 1 prize per person will be awarded; cash prize winners take precedence over non-cash prizes

9. Unlimited entries allowed per person, highest score counts

10. No alternative prize will be offered

11. In the event of a tie for non-cash prizes, handicap stands will be used to determine the winner

12. If a competitor wishes to appeal against a decision of the referee, they may do so to the shoot jury: Mr Mark Marshall, Mr Rob Fenwick and Mr Graham Kettridge. Each appeal must be accompanied by a £20: only refundable if the referee’s decision is overturned

Last edited by a moderator:
Great fun! 

Starts with a 15 bird sequence, singles then on report pairs, medium / close stuff up in the air.

Another 15 bird sequence as above, but all low and close.

5 stands, each being 3 pairs on report with 2 pairs sim. Nothing dead easy.

20 target sequence, 5 on report pairs and 5 sim pairs, with some longer targets, more like a good sportrap layout.

And yes.. Could do better, so will be back for another go soon!

Going to give it a go, sounds like fun. Will peruse the weather report for a slot without fog/rain/snow/freezing cold!

Shot this today with a mate who I hadn't seen in ages.

I started a bit slow dropping some silly ones, the first and second sequence of 15 targets should really be straighted.  It was down the bottom things get really tough, especially the 20-bird sequence.

Finished on 71 but I feel like I could improve on this.

Shot a caddied round after and did a bit better with 85, bumped in to Mr Hewland to.

Sorry Will only just seen this.

Good to see you as well, sadly yesterday didn't go to plan.

Let me know if you are about any Saturday as I'm up there quite a bit.

Latest posts

Back