Current British Shooting Records as at December 2015

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a quote from Donald Macintosh, GB rifle coach, who I suspect did most of the work on this.  There was also a lack of shotgun records so CPSA seem to be failing to do their bit again!  John Leighton-Dyson, GB shooting performance director for 10 years to 2009 and David Levene, accomplished pistol shooter and British Pistol Club officer..

"Please advise any errors or omissions. This has been a difficult and lengthy task to collate all of this information, I had been tracking the Rifle records since the major rules changes of 2013 - none of which were ever ratified by NSRA - and there didn't seem to be any kind of list for Shotgun that anyone could find. So, with with a lot of help from John Leighton-Dyson and David Levene, we believe this is a complete and accurate list, but it is possible that we've missed something..."

worked for me.

I see that peel bloke snuck in.

Surely this should be titled ISSF British Shooting Records? As ever, British Shooting ignoring everything that is not ISSF  :angry:

Also can someone please explain why there are two 'British' shooting records for the same events i.e. Double Trap Men Juniors European Championships. How can you have a 'British Record' score for both 2013 and 2014 when the 2014 score is the highest score of the two? 

Ditto Skeet women team - 2 x World championship scores

Ditto Skeet Men Team - 2 x European Championship Scores

Ditto Double Trap Men - 2 x European Champ scores 

Ditto Double Trap Men Junior - 2 x Euro Champ scores

Surely the highest score ever recorded in that (or any other event) is the 'Record'?

Or maybe the document should have simply been titled 'British Shooting Record' !!

DT

I think its just a record of world event won not record as in gunniss. (spellin)

issf stuff as you rightly say otherwise we would have lots of dtl stuff in there.

I think it is a listing of British Record Scores as distinct from the current British record so its a record of record scores shot at the time even if they have subsequently been overtaken.

Latest posts

Back