OT Selection Shoots 2016

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

According to the BICTSF website the OT British Championship and a selection shoot is on 25/26 June 2016 at Beverley. The format is 200 targets (BC), with the first 125 counting towards selection (first 75 for the ladies).

Also they have announced another OT Selection Shoot on 25/26/27 August at Glenmorriston Shooting Ground (Invernesshire) !! Which is the same week as the Home Internationals according to the draft CPSA calendar?? No format indicated as yet.

I foresee much travelling next year!!

DT

britsh championship date at Bev is ideal, tis weekend after bywell dtl weekend.... ooh I feel a weeks holiday / road trip on the cards.

Still no indication how the cpsa are going to pick an England squad, as Loch Ness never used to count being a North of the border shoot.

Wonder where the BGP will be????

And the 200 birder at Nutty in July... wonder if that magically becomes the GP?

Loch Ness will fill quickly, its two layouts, lovley to shoot, as long as you can overcome the midges......

How can you have a selection shoot at a ground with only two layouts?? Easy! Make it a three day shoot !! I sincerely hope that's not 3 days to shoot 125 targets !!

Time will tell I guess :rolleyes:

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought Brookbank only had one? 

Unless I'm away. Will look forward to Glen morrison.. One of my favourite grounds. 

As far as I know its only two layouts, they were down to 1 for a while, but are now the only two layout ground in Scotland...

Looks like it's a three day shoot on two layouts at both Glenmoriston and Brook Bank.

I was going to get back on the circuit next year, but that's too stretching it a bit for me in both distance and time off unfortunately :-(

What a dysfunctional website BICTSF now have. I've tried to find the draft calendar there is nothing there barring two random OT dates. The CPSA calendar which is a combination of both, has none of them either.

Before anyone jumps in to defend BICTSF I've been there and sorted the calendar out and got the dates published before the beginning of December between 1991 to 2009. 

What a dysfunctional website BICTSF now have. I've tried to find the draft calendar there is nothing there barring two random OT dates. The CPSA calendar which is a combination of both, has none of them either.

Before anyone jumps in to defend BICTSF I've been there and sorted the calendar out and got the dates published before the beginning of December between 1991 to 2009. 
Agreed Phil, it is poor show by both BICTSF and CPSA. The calendar is usually pretty much set by now in previous years. It is very difficult to make any other plans for next year when there is no shoot calendar.

Plus if you assume the Glenmoriston selection shoot dates are correct that clashes with the  OTHI weekend?

DT

Ground owners announcing shoots for GB Fitasc and Compak before the BICTSF website......

Super..........

Oohh. What's happened at kippen?
Kippen hasn't been a two layout OT ground for a while. The second layout has been unused for as long as I have been shooting due to ongoing issues with the neighbouring farm. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheres the Brook Bank dates shown??

The Loch Ness shoot is a GB shoot, so it wont be an England selection, The HI, is set by CPSA and Home nations, not by the board, they probably dont know they clash....

I remember shooting two layouts at Kippen up until the early 90's, then I had some time out and it was down to 1 by 2003 when I resumed shooting.....

BICTSF have two England board members, Fellows and Bobbett. It is normal to have the draft CPSA calendar available at the BICTSF board meeting when they set the GB selection shoot dates as the CPSA do their dates first.

Following normal practice there should be three England team selection shoots piggy backing GB selections prior to the Home International date.

Oh well, its all change again....

BICTSF now says they are changing dates venues etc, due to unforseen circumstances....

So they will be now at Havorfordwest and Southern Counties    ........... :angel:

I see mention of certain OT shoots and dates have disappeared from the BICTSF website.

Not being able to organise an event in a brewery springs to mind. ????

The calendar has now been updated to show the OT and UT selection shoots for next year.

The OT is all looking a little crowded with two of the shoots (Brookbank and Beverley) being only 2 weeks apart (either side of the World Cup event in San Marino). The first is at Nutty on 9th/10th April and is also the UK Championships. Bring your thermals :)

The Brookbank shoot (two layouts) is over three days!! (28th-30th May). Doesn't say whether its 125 or 200 targets but as it is also the English Open I assume 200 targets?

Beverley is on the 11th/12th June and is also the British Grand Prix so will be 200 targets.

A further GB selection shoot is pencilled in for the first weekend in September but no venue is posted. 

The two UT selection shoot dates (counting towards the European Championships) are 30th April/1st May at Beverley and 21st/22nd May at Nuthampstead.

There are two more selection shoots (Brookbank and SW2000) before the World Champs in Morocco, followed the British Grand Prix back at Nutty at the end of September.

For those interested the full calendar is on the CPSA website under Events.

DT

Hmmm.

Here's how it looks for me, something will have to give.  If the UT goes to the snake system then it'll probably be that.

April

9-10th OT Nutty; 23-24th ABT NCSC; 30th April-1st May UT Beverley.

May

14-15th ABT Brookbank; 21-22nd UT Nutty; 28-30th OT Brookbank.

June

11-12th OT Beverley; 16-19th ECH UT Hungary.

July

2-3rd UT Brookbank; 9-10th UT Bywell; 30-31st ABT Beverley.

August

6-7th UT SW2000; 13-14th ABT World Fauxdegla; 19-20th OT Home international ?.

September

9-11th World UT Morocco; 16-17th ABT Home International Brookbank; 24-25th UT Nutty.

Latest posts

Back