? Boxing Day shoots - what's on in Sussex area? ( Sat )

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimbusgb

As per title. What's on on Boxing day in or near Sussex? Any charity shoots / get togethers or general shoots on?

I know of:

Northall

Willow Farm - 100 ESP practice open

Martin Gorse - 100 ESP ( Fibre )

JJ's is on. 70 ESP practice.

Northchapel - 70 ESP ( Fibre )

Dartford but no ESP.

Gatwick - has Sporting and Skeet on.

Hawley ?

Southdown  - CLOSED

Headley - 24th Christmas Eve Shoot ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Think you've listed all the ones I was aware of. Expect I'll go to Willow Farm.  Local straw baler for me on the Sunday and maybe Horne on the Monday.

I'll agree on that particular day it probably is, but that's down to the mulled wine and home made pies.

Northall Saturday but not decided yet as it's a bank holiday but also their usual Saturday - awaiting officialdom I am reliably informed!
Yep, waiting for council approval!

Cracking Compak today (did you go?)...........three HPX's in the final. Charlie and myself tied on 20 and leapfrogged Dave. Shoot off. 3 ex 4 each, sudden death and Charlie takes it by one but we share the cash coz that's what mates do. :wub:

Yep, waiting for council approval!

Cracking Compak today (did you go?)...........three HPX's in the final. Charlie and myself tied on 20 and leapfrogged Dave. Shoot off. 3 ex 4 each, sudden death and Charlie takes it by one but we share the cash coz that's what mates do. :wub:
Only managed 17 on the compak. The C bird had my number, don't think I got one of them.  :(  A was fun, responsible for about half the rest of my misses, tagged most of the others at some point but not consistently. The B bird was a hoot. Instead of a screamer over the far bank it was helicoptering in the strong wind and could be bagged as it hung there, probably 40 to 45m up but almost standing still! If you missed it it was hitting the bank banking about 1/3 of the way up right back where it started! :)  

Only managed 50/60 on the sporting, completely overled both on Stand 5 and destroyed my card with a 4/10  :bug:

Nothing wrong with 17. One away from making the final five, if you were still on site. C bird needs some serious lead but combined with its high speed and dropping, it is the most feared of the five targets.

55 won the sporting.

I believe northchapel has a boxing day shoot -   not sure what, but its normally a 70 bird or 50 bird depending on what you want to do

:santa:

looks like our little group will be doing Northall if its on and Gatwick if not.

Silly Christmas hats, mince pies and a thermos of hot chocolate are required!

Think you've listed all the ones I was aware of. Expect I'll go to Willow Farm.  Local straw baler for me on the Sunday and maybe Horne on the Monday.
Bloody Hell,     the straw bailer must be well attended if you have to shoot through the night !  :eek:

Back