Hodnet challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spuddog

Just seen an advert for this on the 30th Dec. What does anyone know about the no classifications and payout to the top 17 placed seniors?  As an average shot, where does that leave me, where as I may have a chance in my class if I pull my finger out.  Surely the only winners are going to be AA or A class.  

The rest of us must be going for the day out and walk in the countryside.

be interested in your thoughts 

Regards

If if you've never shot at Hodnet I can thoroughly recommend it. 

Ive shot the Hodnet Challenge for the last few years now and regard it as part of my Christmas break (treat!) and it's always enjoyable. Hodnet is one of the best grounds in the country and Tom tne owner knows puts on a great shoot to suit all levels. 

I don't know how the payouts work, but I'm fairly sure they are done by class based in the CPSA system wether you are in the CPSA or not (but I could be mistaken)

I'll be doing it again this year, not fussed if I win anything but looking foreword to great targets in a great setting (and a nice turkey bap)

I've shot the challenge a few times, it's very well run, targets very good, it's a lovely ground and if you've not been before would I would highly recommend it, 

(Now the bad) bits, it usually rains, there can be long queues on the stands, the payouts are a joke. I've been in the money a few times there and been disappointed a few times, 

the last time I went there were 235 entry's at ( if I remember right ) £35 a time = £8,225

after staying for the prize giving, talking to other winners after, I recon they paid out £500 tops

say £1,000 for score keepers/ £1,500 for clays and that's a total of £3,000 

so a nice little bundle left for the ground, let alone what they made in the cafe and shop. 

My advice ,if you want to shoot quality targets at a fantastic ground you can't go wrong, 

If you expect a tidy payout for being in amongst it, go to westfeilds 

As Ashley has said a lovely ground and a good shoot and really that is what I go for.

I booked me and the boys in as in Harry and Charlie !!

it is being run as an old fashioned open shoot used to be before classes as in the top 17 scores win , it will be interesting to shoot this ground again haven't been there for a while but Tom and Debs know what they are doing .

Thanks for your help Steve. I have shot it before and the targets are good.  Good practice.

I'm reffing, I expect salopian is too, look forward to seeing you there, it doesn't always rain, sometimes it's sub zero, 

I've shot the challenge a few times, it's very well run, targets very good, it's a lovely ground and if you've not been before would I would highly recommend it, 

(Now the bad) bits, it usually rains, there can be long queues on the stands, the payouts are a joke. I've been in the money a few times there and been disappointed a few times, 

the last time I went there were 235 entry's at ( if I remember right ) £35 a time = £8,225

after staying for the prize giving, talking to other winners after, I recon they paid out £500 tops

say £1,000 for score keepers/ £1,500 for clays and that's a total of £3,000 

so a nice little bundle left for the ground, let alone what they made in the cafe and shop. 

My advice ,if you want to shoot quality targets at a fantastic ground you can't go wrong, 

If you expect a tidy payout for being in amongst it, go to westfeilds 
can better that the year we went 300+entries massive cues, shot last 3 stds in dark ,if my memory serves me right Chipper was 4th in A and had nothing !!!! 

Well, I went and it rained, couldn't fault the targets and it ran like clockwork for our gang of 4 only really having to wait on 1 stand, was pleased with my score of 88 and was leading when I left. Now the wait to see if I am in the prizes at all. 

I made a point of telling Tom and deb that our little gang really enjoyed it despite the weather.

p.s I think there is a 95 for someone who's on form and has a bit of luck with the wind

Cracking targets, enjoyed the day. Took 3 hours to go round, which is a bit slow but with such a short window for booking on, not a lot can be done about that. Frank didn't bother us too much either. 

Cant wait for the English open

Latest posts

Back