Whats Your Favorite Cartridge to Use and Why?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favourite is RC4 Redshot Superniks. No longer use then though, just too expensive now! So I'm now on Fiocchi F Blacks, miles cheaper and still very hard hitting. Also my regular practice ground only allows Hull or Fiocchi on practice days.

Les, are you having a laugh or what? About only being able to practice with Hull or Fiocchi I mean.

Cheeky gits :angry:

DT

My favourite only exists in my dreams; the Rio Sporting 100. It's the Rio target 20 with its superb pattern and low cost, with the smooth recoil of the Hull Sporting 100. 

Les, are you having a laugh or what? About only being able to practice with Hull or Fiocchi I mean.

Cheeky gits :angry:

DT
It absolutely true Greg! Comp days you can use any make you like, but not practice days! Check out Brook Bank website mate.

Here you go Greg.    :)

Can I bring my own cartridges?
This is a good one. We like to limit the cartridges used between Wednesday - Saturday to the brands which we sell (Hull & Fiocchi), although, you don't have to buy them from us, but our prices are very competitive. On Sundays, we will relax this rule as we normally hold Registered (CPSA) competitions, but all cartridges must conform to current CPSA rules and regulations.

I like Hull HV Intercomp 24g and Gamebore Evo 24g - just like them can't give you anything technical about them but I have recently been trying Fiocchi TT 28 g at a good price and I like them very much, very soft on my shoulder.  Shot the FITASC with them at Southdown this weekend and 100 practise ESP in between whilst waiting for next layout and did not feel any ill effects.  They are really rather soft and I had confidence in them (which is really what shooters like).

Express Power Blue 28g and Power Red 27g.  Not too punchy in the shoulder and available easily and at a reasonable price where I am.  If I'm out and about and these aren't available I'll pretty much shoot whatever is cheapest.

Tried some Fiocchi TTs while we were up at Kibworth a few weeks ago and found them to be fine too.

I know when you've swapped from the Blues to the Red's.  Well my ear drums do.......
I was going to mention that some people have whinged about how loud the Reds are.  I gather they are a fair bit faster than the blues, which is probably why they are louder.

Did I overhear you complaining on Sunday morning while I was shooting?  I was using Blues then, same as Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
nope not me. 

pi55ing and moaning about you hitting everything, but didn't notice your cartridges this week.

i think i only noticed when we were at willow farm, didn't I?  the Dyke embankments there can really rattle your brain if you're stood next to your power reds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think it was Stumbletts at the Clubman League shoot where the Reds were rattling everyones fillings.

I thought it was echoing a lot on Sunday morning, but that was probably the weather conditions and it being sooooo still.

Seem to recall you being on a bit of a roll with hitting clays as well, until Stand 4 that is.

Iv just had a cheeky 25 on the skeet, and used the Express Reds for the first time, and im liking them very much! was using gamebore velocity but thinking im going to stick with the reds from now on!

Fiocchi F blacks most of the time (28 and 24 gram) although may upgrade (?) to Official Trap for big comps, selection shoots, etc. Never been able to convince myself to buy the Golden Trap :rolleyes:

Recently tried Smart Strikes 24g from Cheddite (Harry won a slab) and they were pretty good (smooth, good kills) although second or third shot was a misfire - Doh! (personally never have any of those with Fiocchi's). For the last round I needed a big score so bought a box of RC4 Champion (£6.80 a box!). No difference to my score at all, in fact I hit one less than with the Smart Strikes :(

They (the RC4's) were very nice (smooth) to shoot and gave super breaks but not quite the panacea I had hoped. The bloke in the shop said "bloody good cartridge they are. They don't miss much" but refused to refund my money when I proved they do!!

DT

Used to be pro ones but can get them locally any more. My preference now is f-blacks reason being shot a good round with them once 

Latest posts

Back