Jones Adjuster

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzrat

Looking at getting the adjustable plate to put on my Danuser recoil reducer, very similar to the jones system. Adjusts for cant and up/down.

Main thinking is I have my adjustable comb ramped right up so as to not feel like a turtle sqeezing his neck into his shell as I have quite a long neck and face. This in turn means I see a shed load of rib and I would imagine cause the gun to shoot high??? I am hoping with the gun higher in the shoulder I can drop the comb a smidge and make it shoot a bit flatter as I seem to either miss over the top or just nick the top off birds.

When Carl Bloxham had a look at my gun mount he noticed where I put the gun up comfortable I had about 3/4 of an inch of butt plate above my shoulder and when I put it in the shoulder pocket I feel like I'm hunching my neck to get my face on the stock.

I also see a benefit with being able to move it sideways, I'm not a big bloke with quite narrow shoulders so it may help me to stop rolling my head over the comb to get my eye above the rib, in essence straightening the cast.

Thoughts from people who have tried one and do my theories make sense ?

Thanks lads, Just to clarify I already have the Danuser recoil system fitted its just they do an after market adjuster plate if you have the non adjustable one that I want advice on wether it will fit my needs and if my thinking is correct :)

Hdav, dont think the isis one will adjust low enough and 20mm is the thinnest they do, I have a 12mm isis green on there atm and would make my lop to long ;)

Remember my gun Andy, I made a plate that raised the stock in the shoulder pocket so I didnt have to hunch over the stock. I made one for Jane too. They seemed to work ok even if they looked a bit crude. If it helps the gun fit perfectly go for it mate. I made a shim for mine so I can take it out for winter use while wearing thicker clothing.

I do Tony, took the pad off mine and dropped it 3/4 inch and taped it back on and feels better. Will give it a shoot on Saturday and see if it feels ok when shooting it.

tim greenwood fits the jones adjuster and highly recomends them , might be worth going and seeing him he dosent charge for advice and is a really nice guy, carl

Had a lesson today and discussed getting one fitted and decided its definitely a good route to take. As I am a smallish bloke with narrow shoulders I can move it sideways to get the rib directly under my eye without having to tilt my head over the stock slightly. I also have quite a long neck and high cheekbone so can drop the pad to get it into my shoulder pocket and ease the hunching of the shoulders and take the tension out :D

Back