OT a cruel discipline

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

Fernandez wins qualification at lonato with 123x125 two points clear of second place, gets to finals and loses shoot off for bronze. How gutted would you be ??

Think I've expressed my views on the finals pretty much to death in other threads.. 

Surely it has to be changed.

OT can bite back on its own well enough without the need to add a lottery at the end. 

Last edited by a moderator:
prob wont effect many of us but if I was in that position I would not be happy. Fernandez remains my hero though a maverick style and proof that a none conformist techniques and attitude can work......... I like that, its me all over.

ps

I have to say that I love varga's technique a very very lot. Clean, simple, pure, a real class act imo

correct, but that was a different Fernandez my friend ;)

I recall that Fernandez was a bit of a hit with ABBA too !
Err...I think you will find that was 'Fernando'!

DT

Fernandez remains my hero though a maverick style and proof that a none conformist techniques and attitude can work......... I
agree totally although interesting that the Sapnish junior Barquero has adopted exactly the same style ?

talking of maverick styles check out the gun (rib) and especially the stance of the winning Junior Filip Praj. Now there is a style only his mother could love! Effective though :)

DT

Been here before and the only answer is to make every target shot count towards the final total. All this crap is to in some way make shooting appeal to spectators... it won't and does not, only shooters are interested in watching what is in effect something similar to watching paint dry to a non shooter.

playing devils advocate you shoot a very good 121 missed a couple that for whatever reason you consider you were robbed BUT all is not lost you have a chance to make things right in the shoot off and come away with gold .... Um !!!!

Am I right in thinking that the people who make the rules on this qualifying fiasco must be the non-shooting spectators who aren't interested anyway? It seems like it!

The shooters don't like it, it's pointless from the media point of view because there is no interest and it's (in my opinion) against the rules of true competition and sportsmanship.

I cannot understand those that continue to shoot under conditions they are against. If they (we) all voted with their feet (and perhaps several have judging by the entry levels) surely the governing bodies would take note. This type of competition really should be run for the shooters. Those that actually shoot it, not for some pen pusher in an office with a big idea!

ian

no idea about the decision making or politics and I suspect not many do.

this is getting as bad as POI

Like I said a couple weeks ago in the gun weight topic:

Obviously the current crop of shooters are too competent at the current 2-shot format to expect the shoot offs to not last potentially forever.  And like you say, everybody shoots the same game.  So if the shootoffs have to be the same as the qualifier, and they can't last forever, just how would you make it diff than it is now?  Remember - time is $ and may be restricted in some locales. 

The current scheme also near guarantees a time frame for the event.  I suspect that 21stCentury organizers are in love with that aspect so you have to accommodate that as well.

so  - - what is the answer?  Gonna be way difficult to come up with as decisive a process as the current one and diff at the same time.  I give the innovator pretty high marks, personally.  Satisfying a number of conditions all at the same time.  

and the best shooter that day still wins

fare points Charlie. Cant really argue with any of it. Still gutted for Fernandez though.

and the best shooter that day still wins
That's the point. They don't

Plus the score's at Lonato are down on what we've been seeng at other grounds lately. 

i don't know if thats the weather or harder target but not everyone shot 124 as in some recent world cups. But 123 was hell of a score compared to the rest. 

The womens winner qualified in 6th!!!

With properly set targets it wouldn't take a lifetime to get a winner IMO.

single barrell score rolled over then after 25 if there is a draw then miss and out.

Is the missnout one or two shots?  If two then it has a good potential of over 100 targets each to decide.  Unacceptable.

That's the point. They don't

Plus the score's at Lonato are down on what we've been seeng at other grounds lately. 

i don't know if thats the weather or harder target but not everyone shot 124 as in some recent world cups. But 123 was hell of a score compared to the rest. 

The womens winner qualified in 6th!!!

With properly set targets it wouldn't take a lifetime to get a winner IMO.
The best shooter prevails.  How else do you define "best"?

And I ask again - why aren't the shooters that are in the shoot-offs complaining about the process?  And the coaches?  And the team funding people?  The Oly's run on $ - offer to take that away and see how they react.  Why ain't that happening?

Latest posts

Back