A.b.t

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sim Jenks

Can anyone please give me some advice on what cartridges are best for shooting ball trap , 

28 or 24 grams of 7 1/2s will do the trick. Nothing to heavy on the shoulder as you do 100 targets pretty quickly. 

Personal preference really. I shoot white gold 28g 7 1/2s for everything but pretty much everyone on here will tell you something different. Find one you like and you can afford and stick with it, one less thing to worry about 

anything that's consistent and available to you. 28g 7 or 7-5 unless you don't like recoil then as my learned friend said 24 equally up to the job and arguably better pattern but lets not go down that road again I beg you ;)

Tbh just about anything in 28g will do. This year or so  I've used Chiddite universal & Mach.3, fiocchi F. Blue,  F black and Top 1s. Expresd Power blue &power Reds plus the eley olympics. All in 7  or 7  1/2s 

Not made a jot of difference to scores or quality of breaks. Recoil  characteristics.are marginally different if your fussy..except for Mach3 HV in 28G which are lively.

Also used some 24g.. they do the job. Personally I don't get the balls of dust as often and that can affect confidence. Realistically though  i probably get just as many kills plus they are generally softer on the shoulder than 28s. I seem to like a bit more feedback and some feel too soft cheddite ORO are very smooth. I  like to use the Mach3 in 24g Mutley gave me a box of 24g Mach3 HV. Most would call them thumpy but I liked them. 

Gamebore did the White Gold in 24g which were very good. Unfortunately they seem to have stopped making them and only do 28g.

I've just tried out the cheddite universal trap and sporting drago's on ABT and UT, I actually preferred the cheaper drago's, the kills were certainly better with them, I don't think you can go wrong with a price tag of £150-£160!

Latest posts

Back