Will Hewland

Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Will Hewland

Valley View was a great course, a bit tricky in the wind. Some big queues in places so I walked the course twice! Missed a couple of silly ones, a few tough ones, but had a nightmare on an orange teal, which I never touched. Couldn’t make myself experiment enough to find it so ruined a potentially great card. Happy with 91 considering.. 

• Like 3

P1Fanatic
4 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

Valley View was a great course, a bit tricky in the wind. Some big queues in places so I walked the course twice! Missed a couple of silly ones, a few tough ones, but had a nightmare on an orange teal, which I never touched. Couldn’t make myself experiment enough to find it so ruined a potentially great card. Happy with 91 considering.. 

Tidy score will. I guess that was stand 8? The orange bird was going dead straight until 2 shooters before me. A few no birds so chap adjusted it and changed it quite a bit as now heading left. A few complaints but was left like that. Probably my best stand as straighted it and I was only one I saw getting all 4 orange.

Will Hewland
2 minutes ago, P1Fanatic said:

Tidy score will. I guess that was stand 8? The orange bird was going dead straight until 2 shooters before me. A few no birds so chap adjusted it and changed it quite a bit as now heading left. A few complaints but was left like that. Probably my best stand as straighted it and I was only one I saw getting all 4 orange.

Really? Yes it was a tricky left angle!

P1Fanatic
6 minutes ago, Will Hewland said:

Really? Yes it was a tricky left angle!

Yep. An elderly chap. Shooters questioned it and he mentioned something about the pitch of the trap was causing the no birds but we couldnt understand how that affect the L/R direction. Anyway he said that was that and it stayed.

Sian

Went to Star Gun Club just did a 100 Practise then Went to Valley View hated the teal and the one P1Fanatic is talking about - simply cannot pick them up.  Shot badly,  We were there late but we still had to wait and walked backwards and forwards trying to find smaller queues.  

chippy

Grange farm for me as nothing on local. A good round with 13 stands and not too wind affected. I shot 84 which is becoming my standard score at the moment. Three 84s and one 85 on my last four shoots at four different grounds.

• Like 1

Will Hewland
1 hour ago, Sian said:

Went to Star Gun Club just did a 100 Practise then Went to Valley View hated the teal and the one P1Fanatic is talking about - simply cannot pick them up.  Shot badly,  We were there late but we still had to wait and walked backwards and forwards trying to find smaller queues.  

That fast orange thing, I thought it looked horrible. Pushed the gun at the first two and smashed them, but maybe a bit front edge. Then did that stupid thing of trying for perfection and missed the last two, one behind, one in front. Grrr..

philmoss
2 hours ago, Sian said:

Enjoyed the change of a gun in my hands instead of spanners !!!...

Travelled to Valley View, 1st time in 8 or 9 years from memory, good to see the toilets havent changed !!!.......

Cracking piece of land, shame about the excessive use of Midis, obviously the rule of 30% max of non standard targets dont exist in Bucks........:eek::eek:

Nice to see some old faces & a good journey from paradise in both directions, getting used to the new gun which is also good

• Like 2

Will Hewland
6 minutes ago, philmoss said:

Enjoyed the change of a gun in my hands instead of spanners !!!...

Travelled to Valley View, 1st time in 8 or 9 years from memory, good to see the toilets havent changed !!!.......

Cracking piece of land, shame about the excessive use of Midis, obviously the rule of 30% max of non standard targets dont exist in Bucks........:eek::eek:

Nice to see some old faces & a good journey from paradise in both directions, getting used to the new gun which is also good

It’s weird Phil, V V has always been midi city. 

There is a posh loo, right at left end of car park but the 1972 hut still exists also. 😷

Hamster

I love how the loo remains a medieval concept within the sport. 

• Like 1

Will Hewland
9 minutes ago, Hamster said:

I love how the loo remains a medieval concept within the sport. 

You recall Caterham Hamid? I remember my mate coming back from the loo there and saying “That was a bit rural, I’ve just queued up behind two badgers”. 

• Like 5

Will Hewland

Owls Lodge now doing 100 registered Sportrap. I went today, very good course, especially the first three layouts where there is lots of room.