DTL, Mayland or Cambridge?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl86

im looking to do some dtl over the winter. Have shot a few all rounders this summer and enjoyed the s/b and abt layouts. 

I live near Ipswich and I think Mayland and Cambridge are the only places that have reg comps near me, both are about an hour drive. 

Do any of you shoot at either? What are they like?

Cambridge is a nice ground. Lots to do. Two DTL layouts. Food has got rather good in recent years. There has been a lot of investment, lots of work done. Takes longer to get to than you think because it's out in the countryside.

im looking to do some dtl over the winter. Have shot a few all rounders this summer and enjoyed the s/b and abt layouts. 

I live near Ipswich and I think Mayland and Cambridge are the only places that have reg comps near me, both are about an hour drive. 

Do any of you shoot at either? What are they like?
Mayland is run by Billy Logan Jnr, the name Logan is synonymous in DTL, Bill Logan Snr is the gentleman of DTL & his 2 sons Billy Jnr & Danny are of the same mould !!!

All of them have represented England on many occasions & the ground eats, sleeps & breathes DTL, Single Barrel & also Double Rise.

So if you want some help & assistance with some of the top DTL shots in this part of the world, Mayland is the place to go

Have known the Logans personally for many years when l lived in Essex & was pleased to sit on the Essex commitee with Billy Jnr 

Will have to have a go at mayland I think. Am I right I thinking double rise is a dtl simo pair?

HI Karl,

I'm a member of Maylands and also shoot at Cambridge. Maylands has got 4 covered DTL layouts and Cambridge has 2 uncovered layouts but they are planning to expand this to 4 layouts next year. Cambridge at the moment gets booked up quickly as normally it's alternate to Maylands so a lot of the Maylands shooters shoot there as well.

Yes DR is a pair but they come out at the same angle all the time. The trick is to be able to shoot the first bird quickly then get over to the 2nd bird before it's gone.

If you're planning on coming to Maylands then just drop Billy an email, the address is on the website. You'll normally shoot 50 DTL then have a break for about 40 then shoot your last 50.

Toby

If you want a bit of fun over winter, Highlodge is in the process of installing a UT layout which should be up and running later this year.

Phil

Back