Cheap ear defenders auction site DONT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin_d

I bought a set of cheap ear defenders of the flebay. They claimed to be bisley but they are not. I'm sure this is obviouse but I only wanted them to get started and once started would see what's what.

Anyway I can't even use them. It's like wearing a ratchet strap on full click on my head. They are seriously tight. I am also used to wearing ear defenders through my work so I am aware to what they should feel like. 

Just a warning to any newbies. Spend wisely. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wise words Gavin. An unfortunate situation and I sypathise with you.

A lesson learned, don't rush and seek advive/recommendations from friends and/or this forum.  Best of luck if you try to get your money back.

Enjoy your shooting from now on! :smile:

I bought a set of cheap ear defenders of the flebay. They claimed to be bisley but they are not. I'm sure this is obviouse but I only wanted them to get started and once started would see what's what.

Anyway I can't even use them. It's like wearing a ratchet strap on full click on my head. They are seriously tight. I am also used to wearing ear defenders through my work so I am aware to what they should feel like. 

Just a warning to any newbies. Spend wisely. 
Are they the powered defenders, or the ordinary ones? Bisley powered are normally about £70, and the ordinary around £13 - how much did you pay?

For me, the best electronic over ear defenders are MSA Sordin. They will cost iro £150 but should last for a decade at least. Well worth the extra few quid over so called eqivs.

I think I paid £170 including the gel inserts bought later, so over 8.5 years they have cost me 20p each time worn. And they are still like new. Very light touch on the ears, all good.

Latest posts

Back