womens OT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

Why do the powers that be consider that women are only good for 75 targets whereas blokes can manage 125.

if I was a girlie I would be rather miffed at being treated differently and also miffed that after travelling a very long way its sometimes over in a day. ?

Totally agree,  the trap shooting rule makers seem to me to be on some sort of mission to make it as uninviting as possible .

Is it a correlation between how many miles up the motorway women and men can go before they need the services?  :angel:

Ian

i honestly don't think you will find a single person that would argue against women shooting the same amount of targets as the men ......except perhaps the bloke that writes the rules and the guy who has to programme in the events into the limited number of ranges once every four years!

Stupid, stupid nonsense IMO with the sole purpose of messing up men's OT selection shoots

Everyone should shoot 200 :)

DT

Actually this all originates in the Oly skeet win overall by a Chinese WOMAN, Zhang Shan in 1992[SIZE=6.5pt] [/SIZE]when the skeet was an open shoot and she beat all the men.  The IOC went to the ends of the earth to find a way to beat her out of the win and failed.  SO they decided that was never gonna happen again, separated the events and reduced the women's targets so no comparison could ever be made.  Same reason they ripped the women outta double trap - they were toooooo good.

Has nothing to do with frailty, just the fear that a WOMAN might be better at some shooting thing than the men again.  Ain't gonna happen!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Shan

didn't know that Charlie.

good job for us really considering what nattrass and the current lady shooters of note were / are capable of.

ps

did I ever mention I met nattrass and have her autograph on my office wall. What a nice lady and what a shooter. I like women who are not afraid of competing on equal terms in sport and life in general. I brought mini ips up to know she can do anything a man can. She is a very confident and strong young lady as a result.

Quite a coincidence that Ips started this thread on Friday and today a woman wins the perazzi.

Is ips phsychic ?

Close but spelt slightly differently ;)
For someone who went working on a clay shoot instead of going school its as close as you will get with big words like that and before people say use spell check ,how the hell do you know which word is the right one if you cant spell. 

anyone got a link to the results I cant find it.

If you go on Iltiro .com and link into perazzi or trapconcaverde site, its at bottom right of main page..

or even perazzi's face book page

Last edited by a moderator:
Who won the perazzi challenge? I see Ian Peel shot 75 straight but can't see anything about who won it. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back